John de Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Chartley
John de Ferrers, 1st Baron Ferrers of Chartley (1271, Cardiff – 1312) was the son of Robert de Ferrers, 6th Earl of Derby and Alianore de Bohun, daughter of Humphrey de Bohun and Eleanor de Braose, and granddaughter of Humphrey de Bohun, 2nd Earl of Hereford. He was both Seneschal of Gascony and Lieutenant of Aquitaine in 1312, the year of his death.
- Marios Costambeys (2004), "Ferrers, John de, first Lord Ferrers of Chartley (1271–1312), magnate", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- Douglas Richardson. Magna Carta Ancestry, Genealogical Publishing, 2005. pg 324. Google eBook
- Jones, M.,(2004) Ferrers, Robert de, first Earl Ferrers (d. 1139), Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press[ accessed 28 Oct 2007]
- Bland, W., (1887) Duffield Castle: A lecture at the Temperance Hall, Wirksworth, Derbyshire Advertiser
- Loyd, Lewis, (1951) "The Origins of Some Anglo Norman Families," Harleian Society