Johnny G. Economedes High School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Johnny G. Economedes High School|
|1414 N. Alamo Road
Edinburg, Texas 78541
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District|
|Enrollment||2,545 students (October 2009)|
|Student to teacher ratio||23:1|
|Color(s)||Navy and Orange |
|Website||Economedes High School|
Johnny G. Economedes High School (JGHS), also known as Economedes or JEHS, is a public school in unincorporated Hidalgo County, Texas, USA, east of Edinburg. It is part of the Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District and is one of the district's four high schools. The school is named for former Edinburg Fire Chief Johnny G. "the Greek" Economedes.
Expansion to all district high schools in 2010 brought a new performing arts center to JEHS. It is simply called the Performing Arts Center, or PAC.
The school is currently[when?] a TEA-Recognized campus because of its high TAKS scores. It is a second time finalist of the College Board Inspirational Award and an AVID National Demonstrated School.
- University Interscholastic League enrollment figures
- "2015-2016 High Schools Approved Boundaries" (Full). Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District. Maps/High%20Schools/JEHS.pdf Detail of Economedes Zone. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Hidalgo County, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- Cesar Chavez CDP map. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- Doolittle CDP map. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
- La Blanca CDP map. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 2, 2017.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|