This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Johnny Klimek in 2011
|Born||18 August 1962|
Johnny Klimek (born 18 August 1962) is an Australian musician, music producer, and composer, best known for his work innovative work in underground electronica music scene and for his film scores.
Life and career
Klimek was born in Melbourne, Australia. His mother, Luisa née Cester (born 29 January 1916 in Pasiano di Pordenone) was a daughter of the couple Eugenia and Ernesto Cester. In the Summer of 1940 she left Friuli-Venezia Giulia for Australia. After the Second World War, she married Alfons Klimek (died 1998) and gave birth to eight children: Eugenia, Lydia, Naomi (born 1953), Greta, Alfons junior, Robert, and twins Jayney and Johnny (born August 1962). Her sister, Fanny Cester (1921–1988), emigrated to Australia in 1937 and married racing cyclist Nino Borsari in 1940. The Klimek family lived in various Melbourne suburbs including Kew, Oakleigh and, from 1969, Clayton. Klimek's younger cousins, Nic and Chris Cester, were founding mainstays of Australian hard rockers, Jet (2001–12).
Johnny worked in a number of local garage bands before emigrating to Berlin in 1983, where he started the pop rock band The Other Ones with his sister Jayney and brother Alf. He became active in the Berlin underground trance/ambient/techno scene, and collaborated with Paul Browse of the band Clock DVA on a short-lived musical project, Effective Force. He served as the bass player for singer Nina Hagen's 1996 tour.
Klimek has produced numerous film scores with composer Reinhold Heil, beginning with the 1997 film Winter Sleepers. Since then, they have become regular collaborators of its director, Tom Tykwer, and have provided the score to almost all of his films since, including the score to Perfume, Story Of A Murderer. Klimek, Heil, and Tykwer were nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score for their critically acclaimed score to the latter's 2012 epic science fiction film Cloud Atlas. He has also worked on television series such as Without a Trace, Deadwood, The Newsroom, and Sense8, thriller films such as Run Lola Run and One Hour Photo, horror films such as Land of the Dead and Blood & Chocolate, and action films like Killer Elite and I, Frankenstein. He has won 5 ASCAP Awards, and has been nominated for 2 Saturn Awards, and for 1 Primetime Emmy Award.
- 1997: Winter Sleepers
- 1998: Run Lola Run
- 1999: Schlaraffenland
- 2000: Ants in the Pants
- 2000: The Princess and the Warrior
- 2000: LiebesLuder
- 2001: Tangled
- 2002: Without a Trace
- 2002: One Hour Photo
- 2002: Bang Bang You're Dead
- 2003: Swimming Upstream
- 2004: Iron Jawed Angels
- 2004–2006: Deadwood (TV series)
- 2005: Sophie Scholl – The Final Days
- 2005: The Cave
- 2005: Land of the Dead
- 2005: Deck Dogz
- 2006: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
- 2007: Blood & Chocolate
- 2007: John from Cincinnati
- 2007: Anamorph
- 2008: Blackout
- 2008: The Two Mr. Kissels
- 2008: One Missed Call
- 2009: The International With Tom Tykwer & Reinhold Heil
- 2010: Bis aufs Blut – Brüder auf Bewährung
- 2010: Three With Tom Tykwer, Gabriel Mounsey & Reinhold Heil
- 2010: Tomorrow, When the War Began
- 2010: 7 Days
- 2011: Alien Exorcism
- 2011: Locke & Key (TV series)
- 2011: Killer Elite With Reinhold Heil
- 2012: Awake (TV series)
- 2012: Cloud Atlas With Tom Tykwer & Reinhold Heil
- 2012: Open Heart
- 2013: The Newsroom (TV series)
- 2013: Wolf Creek 2
- 2014: I, Frankenstein With Reinhold Heil
- 2014: Mind Games (TV series)
- 2014: Kill Me Three Times (TV series)
- 2015: Patient Zero
- 2015–2017: Sense8 (TV series) With Tom Tykwer
- 2016: A Hologram for the King With Tom Tykwer
- 2016: Lord of Shanghai
- 2016: The Darkness
- 2017: Babylon Berlin (TV series) With Tom Tykwer
- 2017: Dieses bescheuerte Herz
- 2017: Jungle
- 2018: Breaking In
- "Johnny Klimek _ Film Music : Ecko Productions » Biography". www.eckoproductions.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Johnny Klimek on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Johnny Klimek _ Film Music : Ecko Productions » Filmography". www.eckoproductions.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Camillo, Laurence. "The Cester Family". l-camillo.com. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Fanny Borsari". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "Johnny Klimek _ Film Music : Ecko Productions » Discography". www.eckoproductions.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Effective Force - Illuminate The Planet". Discogs. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Reinhold Heil". reinholdheil.com. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- http://www.goldenglobes.com/person/tom-tykwer-johnny-klimek-reinhold-heil. Missing or empty