British quad poster
|Directed by||Nigel Patrick|
|Produced by||John R. Sloan|
|Screenplay by||Patrick Kirwan|
|Based on||story The Trial of Johnny Nobody by Albert Z. Carr|
|Music by||Ron Goodwin|
|Edited by||Geoffrey Foot|
Viceroy Films Ltd.
Warwick Film Productions
|Distributed by||Eros Films (UK)|
Johnny Nobody is a 1961 UK drama film made by Viceroy Films Limited, with John R. Sloan as producer, and Irving Allen and Albert R. Broccoli as executive producers. It was directed by the British film and stage actor Nigel Patrick, who also took a leading role. The film also featured the BAFTA-winning actress Yvonne Mitchell (with whom Patrick had starred in the 1959 production of Sapphire), and the American actors William Bendix and Aldo Ray. Cinematography was by Ted Moore. The film was shot at Ardmore Studios in Bray, Ireland.
When James Ronald Mulcahy (William Bendix), an Irish American writer, is murdered moments after he has dared God to strike him dead, his murderer (Aldo Ray) looks for help from the man who must decide his fate, the local priest, Father Carey (Nigel Patrick). The killer is tagged "Johnny Nobody" by the press because of his claim to have total amnesia, but further investigation by Carey leads him to question whether or not "Johnny" was acting for God or, as seems more likely, a woman known as Miss Floyd (Yvonne Mitchell) who turns out to be wife.
- Nigel Patrick as Father Carey
- Yvonne Mitchell as Miss Floyd
- William Bendix as James Ronald Mulcahy
- Aldo Ray as Johnny Nobody
- Cyril Cusack as Prosecuting Counsel O'Brien
- Bernie Winters as Photographer
- Niall MacGinnis as Defending Counsel Sullivan
- Noel Purcell as Brother Timothy
- Eddie Byrne as Landlord O'Connor
- John Welsh as Judge
- Joe Lynch as Tinker
- Jimmy O'Dea as Postman Tim
- Frank O'Donovan as Garda
- May Craig as Tinker's Mother
- "Johnny Nobody (1960)". BFI.
- Johnny Nobody (1961) - Full cast and crew
- Irish, T. R. (1960, May 17). Ardmore to Make Two More Films. The Irish Times (1921-Current File) Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/523557996
- Johnny Nobody - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - The New York Times
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|