|Past members||Dave Baksh|
Brown Brigade was a reggae-influenced heavy metal band created by Sum 41 guitarist Dave "Brownsound" Baksh. The band's final lineup was Baksh (vocals, guitar), Vaughn Lal (bass guitar, backing vocals), Johnny Owens (drums), Chuck Coles (guitar), and Cess Rock (percussion).
Baksh recruited drummer Johnny Owens, guitarist Craig "The Craigulator" Pattison (Baksh's guitar tech with Sum 41), and percussionist Cess Rock, and chose a mascot, "The Brown Knight", which later appeared in the band's music video for "Aggravation Plantation".
The band was signed to Aquarius Records in September 2006, and in October released a debut EP title Appetizer for Destruction, a reference to the Guns N' Roses album Appetite for Destruction. The EP was sold exclusively on the band's live shows supporting Pennywise on their Canadian tour.
In March 2007, Brown Brigade recorded a thirteen-track album which was mixed in Los Angeles. In July, a promotional cover song from the album, Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" was released by the fansite There is no Resolution. In August, the album Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness was released in the United States and Canada through iTunes, and the next month the CD version was released in Canada through Aquarius Records.
In 2008, Coles, Baksh and Owens formed the band Organ Thieves. Plans were made to release new material online but this didn't happen and the band broke up in November 2009. Baksh rejoined Sum 41 in 2015.
- Dave "Brownsound" Baksh – guitar, percussion (2003, 2006–2009), lead vocals (2006–2009)
- Vaughn Lal – bass, backing vocals (2003, 2006–2009)
- Johnny "No-Triggers" Owens – drums, percussion (2006–2009)
- Chuck Coles – lead & rhythm guitars (2007–2009)
- Cess Rock – vocals, live percussion (2006–2009)
- Craig Pattison – lead guitar (2003, 2006–2007)
- Travis Sanders – lead vocals (2006)
- Lee Fairley – drums (2006)
|Release date||Title||Record label|
|November 2006||Appetizer for Destruction (EP)||Aquarius Records|
|August 14, 2007||Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness||Aquarius Records|
- "Dave 'Brownsound' Baksh Says Sum 41 Got 'Too Dark For The Public'". MTV James Montgomery, June 8, 2006
- "Sum 41 Guitarist Quits, Seeks Metal". Rolling Stone, May 16, 2006KAREN BLISS archived at the Wayback Machine
- "Cess Rock marching with the Brown Brigade, Apr 2007". mississauga.com. Mississauga.com. Retrieved April 24, 2022.
- "Brown Brigade – "Aggravation Plantation"". youtube.com. Frontside Promotions, to YouTube. Archived from the original on December 14, 2021. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "Ex-SUM 41 Guitarist's BROWN BRIGADE Signs With AQUARIUS RECORDS, November 2006". blabbermouth.net. Blabbermouth. November 2, 2006. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "Ex-SUM 41 Guitarist's New Metal Band...January 2007". Blabbermouth.net. Blabbermouth. January 27, 2007. Retrieved September 18, 2021.
- "Into the Mouth of Baddness, Brown Brigade, November 2008". metal-archives.com. Encyclopaedia Metallum. Retrieved September 18, 2021.
- Lucas, John (October 31, 2007). "Into the Mouth of Bad(d)ness by Brown Brigade, Oct 2007". straight.com. The Georgia Straight. Retrieved September 18, 2021.
- Gormely, Ian. "Sum 41 Survive..." exclaim.ca. Exclaim. Retrieved September 17, 2021.