|No. 17 – Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
August 17, 1988 |
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||DeLand (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 88|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2013|
Johnny Patrick (born August 17, 1988) is an American football cornerback who is currently a member of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisville.
Patrick was born in DeLand, Florida and attended DeLand High School.
Patrick played college football for the Louisville Cardinals from 2007–2010. He was the starting cornerback from 2008 to 2010. In 2009 Patrick recorded 53 tackles and two interceptions. In the 2010 Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl, Patrick forced a fumble and blocked a field goal to help the Cardinals win against Southern Miss.
New Orleans Saints
San Diego Chargers
Patrick was signed by the San Diego Chargers on February 20, 2013. He eventually played in 13 games, playing the nickel and slot, while starting 4. He set career highs with 38 total tackles, 1 interception, 1.5 sack, along with a forced fumble and 2 passes defended. He was released on March 4, 2014.
New York Jets
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Bennett, Brian (July 8, 2010). "Louisville's Patrick charged with assault". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- Adelson, Andrea (December 21, 2010). "Instant Analysis: Louisville 31, Southern Miss 28". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Johnny Patrick, DS #7 CB, Louisville". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- Gennaro, John. "San Diego Chargers release CB Johnny Patrick". boltsfromtheblue.com. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Lange, Randy (March 5, 2014). "Jets Acquire CB Johnny Patrick off Waivers". New York Jets. Archived from the original on March 8, 2014. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- Lange, Randy (August 30, 2014). "Jets Make Final Cuts to Get to 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- "Bombers release Turner, Denmark". www.winnipegfreepress.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "Louisville football player Johnny Patrick pleads guilty to harassment charge". allvoices.com. July 28, 2010. Archived from the original on February 22, 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
|This University of Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|