List of Johnny Test characters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Johnny Test (character))
This is a list of the many characters from the animated prime time television series Johnny Test.
- John "Johnny" Test (voiced by James Arnold Taylor): A troublesome, unpredictable, and widely iconic 11-year-old boy who is the brother of Susan and Mary and the son of Hugh and Lila and he serves as the main protagonist and hero in the show. He is frequently called the "kid with the flaming hair" due to having scarlet red highlights in his yellow hair. As well as this, he is most often seen wearing green cargo pants and a black shirt with a trefoil symbol on it, which he wears under a navy blue dress shirt, and a watch that he rarely uses. Because he has Susan and Mary by his side, he can live any kid's dream, only to find that some dreams aren't worth living. He is very hyperactive, and often messes with his sisters' inventions, causing trouble and mayhem, but just as often proves himself to be extremely clever such as by frequently tricking his genius sisters or conquering the day from whatever goodness happens to show up. Johnny is also quite spoiled and stubborn, as he gets what he wants, through deceit, blackmail, or persuasion. Johnny has an alter ego that he calls "Johnny X", who is a superhero that has various superpowers, including hurricane hands (speeding wind from his hands), shapeshifting, fire-powered transformation, teleportation, ESP, "Power Poots", and flight. A running gag for this form is that his hurricane hands never work, either due to the target being immune to it or other factors. He was in love with Janet and later Sissy, the latter born out of hostile rivalry. Johnny hates school and doesn't work hard at all; if anything, he goes to great lengths to avoid doing work, often using his sisters' inventions to do so and often putting himself and/or others in danger as a result. He is addicted to video games, and will do anything to get them. His catchphrase is "Whoa, didn't see that coming" during an unexpected event. He has a dog and lackey named Dukey. He is similar to Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks and Bart Simpson from The Simpsons.
- Dukey (voiced by Louis Chirillo in Season 1-4, Trevor Devall in Season 5-6): Johnny's anthropomorphic 16-year-old talking pet dog and best friend. The cause of Dukey's anthropomorphism is because of one of Susan and Mary's inventions, thus giving him humanlike abilities. Dukey, when Mrs. and Mr. Test aren't around, will stand on his hind legs rather than all fours, like he does when Johnny's parents are around. The reason for this is that Mr. Test banned Susan and Mary from DNA experiments, which was how they gave Dukey human-like intelligence. There have been a few "close calls" around the series, such as when Mr. Test got trapped inside of one of Johnny's video games and Johnny and Dukey also went inside the game to rescue him, and Dukey accidentally spoke in front of him, causing Mr. Test to ask, "Did Dukey just talk?" Every time one of his parents asks this question after Dukey just spoke in front of them, either Johnny, Susan, or Mary answers "no" and their parents immediately believe them. Sometimes Dukey dresses as a human being when going out in public, and he is addressed by others as Johnny's "hairy friend" or "the kid with the rare hair disorder" because the minor characters' lack of intellect causes them to believe that Dukey is a human. Dukey can easily be bribed into assisting Johnny in his manipulations with steak. His superhero name was "Super Pooch" at first, but then changed it to Super Dukey. Super Dukey has superpowers like flight, shapeshifting, power poots, K-9 oral force field, ESP, and teleportation. He usually crashes while flying. His TinyMon name is "Mymuttdog" and he evolves into "Dukandra."
- The Test Twins - Johnny's 13-year-old genius twin sisters and daughters of Hugh and Lila, who frequently use him as a lab rat for various inventions, most of which to impress their neighbor, Gil. Though they generally refuse to help Johnny in his antics, they generally end up doing so anyway due to Johnny blackmailing or manipulating them, or in exchange for Johnny allowing them to use him as a guinea pig. Their hard-headed demeanor makes them gullible, and they have been tricked by Johnny on various occasions. They have a habit of speaking in unison especially when reciting their catch-phrase "We're such geniuses." Both twins wear traditional lab coats and harbor a deep love and obsession for the Test's next door neighbor, Gil, although their attempts to attract his attention always end in failure. Both girls attend school at the Porkbelly (formally Mega) Institution of Technology.
- Susan Test (voiced by Maryke Hendrikse): A 13-year-old girl who is the sister of Mary and Johnny and the daughter of Hugh and Lila. She has navy blue eyes and wears a black skirt, knee-high socks and a pair of mary janes, and a light blue shirt depicting a star. She has straight red hair, held with a yellow star-shaped clip, and wears glasses. She tends to be more irritable than Mary is, which often leads to her downfall. In the episode "Johnnymon," Susan claims she never feels bad for anyone. Thus Susan's emotions are more extreme than her twin's. Eugene/Bling-Bling expresses fond interest in Susan, often causing her to be used as a "bargaining chip" in his negotiations. In the episode "Johnny X Strikes Back", she was given a vapor wave ability and flight. Susan Test is seen twice without glasses.
- Mary Test (voiced by Brittney Wilson in Seasons 1 & 5, Ashleigh Ball in Seasons 2-4 & 6): A 13-year-old girl who is the sister of Susan and Johnny and also the daughter of Hugh and Lila. She has greenish blue eyes and often wears baggy blue jeans and green sneakers with her trademark yellow moon shirt. She has curly red hair, held with a light moon-shaped clip, and wears glasses. Mary has been shown to be more warmhearted and "girly" than Susan. She believes less in science and more in science fiction, which proves to be correct, despite Susan's scorn. She is more level-headed and conservative than Susan, and speaks her mind much less often. In the episode "Johnny X Strikes Back", she was given telekinetic abilities and flight. Mary is never seen without her glasses.
- Hugh Test (voiced by Ian James Corlett): The uptight, obsessive-compulsive stay-at-home father of Johnny, Susan and Mary, and the husband of Lila. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and wears a green sweater over a yellow shirt with brown pants and loafers. He is apparently not very smart, because Dark Vegan is able to perform a mind trick on him, and they only work on dumb people. Hugh's two biggest obsessions are cleaning and cooking meatloaf (which in one instance he's shown to value more than the safety and well-being of his own children), which the rest of the Test family openly despises. He also gets distracted if he loses his shoe, and can't focus on anything if he does, something that Johnny occasionally exploits. He often wants his children to come back before dinner or risk being grounded. He also always grounds them for a month at a time for even the smallest offense or for ridiculous reasons. He outlaws genetic experiments by Susan and Mary in the house, which is mentioned rarely, though frequently defied. In "The Return of Johnny'Mon", he was mistook as a Tiny'Mon called "I'mhisdad" (I'm His Dad) and evolves into "Dadoomerang".
- Lila Test (voiced by Kathleen Barr): The mother of Johnny, Susan and Mary and wife of Hugh. She has brown hair, green eyes, and wears a typical women's work suit, pearl necklace and heels. She is a businesswoman, though her specific profession is never explained aside from the fact she works in financing. Due to the demands of her job, Mrs. Test isn't seen at home as often as the rest of the family, but her family always comes first and she never misses out on vacations and family events, despite the fact she always manages to take her work with her one way or another. She also possesses great martial arts skills and shown to not be as strict as Mr. Test
- Gil Nexdor (voiced by Andrew Francis): A pretty boy teenager and Susan and Mary's crush, who doesn't even know they exist, despite having lived next door to him since they were born and even having met them face to face on several occasions. His full name is a pun describing that he lives next door to the Test family. He is continuously depicted as intellectually lacking, although his handsome looks seem to compensate for this most of the time. Much to the great ire of Susan and Mary, Gil considers Johnny his friend (whenever Gil appears when Johnny is around, he shouts, "Hey, Johnny!"). Due to Susan and Mary's crush, many of their experiments often revolve around him, on some occasions even effecting him directly. However he can never seem to remember their names save for certain occasions. In "Johnny X Strikes Back" he gains the power of prehensile and flight.
- Mr. Black and Mr. White (voiced by Bill Mondy and Scott McNeil): Secret Agents who ask Johnny, Mary, Susan, and Dukey for help whenever they can not handle a crisis alone, which is most of the time. They seem to be highly incompetent. They claim they are not afraid of anything and in their first appearance could shoot ropes from their wrists. Mr. White is African American and Mr. Black is Caucasian. Despite first appearing as villains, they're now friends to the Test kids on most occasions. They also have a hidden passion for cooking.
- General (voiced by Lee Tockar): Mr. White and Black's Boss, the General is leader of the area 51.1 army base. Loud, slightly incompetent and forgetful, he frequently takes action whenever the situation becomes too large for the Tests to maintain, although his efforts never fare any better. He is prone to overkill and rarely considers what result his actions may have on civilians, to the point he fired at a forest, an inhabited area, and even a place were the Test kids were playing all in an attempt to destroy a monster. A running gag in the series involves him forgetting something and hesitating to remember.
- Sissy Blakely (voiced by Brittney Wilson in Seasons 1 & 5, Ashleigh Ball in Seasons 2-4 & 6): An 11-year-old girl who tends to hide her crush for Johnny through bullying and asserting superiority over him. Johnny also has a crush on her, although he doesn't seem to be aware of it or denies it. However, the two are constantly competing against each other. If Sissy beats him, she will brag about it. If Johnny wins, he'll either get caught into a situation because of it, or brag as much as her. In one episode, Johnny pretends to be nice and to be used to being bullied by Sissy. They ended up falling in love with each other along with Dukey and Missy. She seems to be the victim to the show's twists, adventures; her misfortune seen at the end of the episode. She has blonde hair with a red lightning bolt pattern, with multiple ear piercings and a plaid skirt with pants underneath.
- Mr. Henry Teacherman (voiced by Louis Chirillo (Seasons 1-4), Trevor Devall (Seasons 5 & 6): Johnny's class teacher, who Johnny believes is "out to get him" (which he sometimes is). He seems to not believe that any of his students really tries hard enough (and once told his class they might want to learn a trade when passing out an important exam). It is shown that he really likes it if a student fails a test (rarely, he gives his students assignments on topics they never learn), and at times, he has even shown to get sadistic pleasure out of punishing Johnny. Mr. Teacherman is always very tough, but not always to be mean. He believes that deep down, there is a great student inside of everyone, including Johnny.
- Janet Nelson Jr. (voiced by Kathleen Barr): Johnny's former crush. She is a shallow and self-centered popular girl that is usually mean and inconsiderate to Johnny and appoints him as a loser. She has a love-hate relationship with him, but she is too popular to express the love part. She appears in the first season, though she does make cameos in the second and third seasons.
- Hank Anchorman (voiced by James Arnold Taylor): An anchorman for Porkbelly News. In his first appearance, he had blond hair, was thinner and younger, but later on, he had brown hair (which was a wig), was older and had a different face. He often reports about the Test family's misadventures.
- Mayor Howard: The Mayor of Porkbelly is a short bald man who still lives with his mother. He easily panics at the first sign of trouble, and will not hesitate to cave into pressure. Whenever a supervillain appears, he would always agree to swear allegiance with the villain and change the name of the city before the villain even says anything.
- Professor Slopsink (voiced by Richard Newman): The German head professor at the Mega (later Porkbelly) Institute of Technology (M.I.T./P.I.T). Due to a mishap with one of Eugene's theses, he lacks a right hand, so now he uses a robotic hand (though Repto-slicer ate that as well).
- Tim Burnout: A classmate of Susan and Mary and the former owner of Mr. Mittens. He copied the modified genetic structure used by Susan and Mary to create Dukey and used it on Mr. Mittens, which turned him into an evil villain seeking world domination. Despite his lazy personality, he is apparently very intelligent, as he was able to alter Mr. Mittens (despite stealing the idea). His last name refers to the way he acts.
- Lolo: Susan and Mary's midnight blue lab monkey who they sometimes test their experiments on. She has a strange metal hatpiece on her head, the reason for which is not explained.
- Missy (voiced by Brittney Wilson): Sissy's pink labradoodle dog, who is to Dukey what Sissy is to Johnny. Dukey has a crush on her, but often shows the hatred Johnny shows to Sissy.
- Repto-Slicer: A blue-green mutant lizard. He was originally owned and created by Eugene, but decided to stay with Johnny after he tamed him. He earned his name from his ability to have razors protrude from his entire body; he even has a chainsaw for a tongue. He excels at salsa-making.
- Jillian Vegan (voiced by Maryke Hendrikse): Dark Vegan's daughter who doesn't approve of her father's evil ways. She makes friends with Johnny and helps him save his world twice. As of the fourth season she is living comfortably on Earth, having successfully integrated into its culture.
- Mrs. Vegan: Dark Vegan's wife and Jillian's mother.
- Screechereen: Evolved from the almost completely weak Cuddlebuns. She is a legendary Tiny'mon that many believed didn't exist and is incredibly strong. In Return of Johnny'mon, she is brought up as female. She resembles Lugia from the Pokémon series.
- Cuddlebuns: A cute but weak Tiny'mon. In fact, it is the weakest Tiny'mon ever. In Johnny'mon, it is revealed that it can evolve into Screechereen.
- The Turbo Toy Force: A group of toys that were animated and given superpowers by Johnny, Dukey, Mary, and Susan to battle Nasteria. The group consists of: Stacy, Nice Sweatered Ben, a toy bunny rabbit, a toy dragon, a chew toy, and formerly Mega Roboticle.
- Mega Roboticle: Johnny's red hero robot action figure that he used Susan and Mary's 'Static Animator' to bring to life. Mega Roboticle is the former leader of The Turbo Toy Force.
- Speed McCool: A famous actor. In the movies he is in, he can be seen with a chimpanzee. Johnny is a fan of him and once used a virtual reality machine to get inside one of his films.
- Montague: A talking mouse bent on world domination. He appears in two episodes: in Johnny's Big Dumb Sisters, he makes brief cameos, but in Tom and Johnny, he has a larger role, eventually helping out the Test siblings and Dukey.
- Eugene "Bling-Bling Boy" Hamilton (voiced by Lee Tockar): A major antagonist and friendly enemy of Johnny and Dukey, preferring to go by name of "Bling-Bling Boy" (because of his gold jewelry and watches). Most characters usually call him by his real name instead of Bling-Bling Boy, which annoys him greatly. He is a multi-millionaire with unlimited funds at his disposal. He has a big crush on Susan, who doesn't reciprocate his feelings, and often resorts to evil plots or blackmail to try and force her to be his girlfriend. He occasionally teams up with Johnny and Dukey to defeat the other villains when the situation demands it. He seems to be good friends with Johnny and Dukey, despite being the main antagonist of the series. Similar to his sisters, he occasionally tricks Johnny into testing some of his inventions. Deep down Bling-Bling Boy is insecure due to being fat and having buck teeth although in Phat Johnny his weight and buck teeth actually help Bling-Bling Boy become successful as a hip hop star. He has a mother who punishes him for "embarrassing her" by plotting his evil schemes. He used to also attend the Mega Institution of Technology, but left the school after his thesis ate Professor Slopsink's hand. He later was allowed to return to the Institute in exchange for aiding in preventing a nuclear crisis, finally admitting to missing human interaction. In "Johnny X Strikes Back" he gains the power of gold vision and flight.
- Miss X and Miss Z: These girls are actually two cyborgs created by Bling Bling Boy to work at their disposal.
- Mitchell "Bumper" Randalls (voiced by Scott McNeil): A local bully who regularly tortures the kids at Johnny's school, though Johnny is his favorite victim; he tortures Johnny more than anyone else. However, he has a sensitive side as he loves roses and even has a rose garden. He has two cats: a white cat called "Cuddles" and an orange tomcat. He also has a lizard named Mr. Muncher and a dog. In "Johnny X Strikes Back" he gains the power to turn to stone and flight.
- Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5: A group of villains consisting of various enemies of Johnny:
- Mr. Whack-O (voiced by Lee Tockar): One of the first major villains. Despite being a toymaker, he deeply loathes kids and makes incredibly destructive toys in order to rid the world of them. He seems quite intelligent, in spite of his appearance and behavior. He is the leader of the Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5.
- Brain Freezer (voiced by Louis Chirillo in seasons 1-5, Bill Mondy in season 5 onwards): The former janitor and coffee guy of Susan and Mary's school. He is a self-proclaimed genius, with his inventions typically involving both coffee and ice. He has a "Chillachino Machine" that can freeze anything including creating armor made of ice. It appears he is immune to the blasts from his freeze gun, as he uses them to transform into his supervillain form by blasting himself but his 'Chillachino' will still freeze him solid if he drinks it. He often makes ice-related puns. His personality is similar to that of Mr. Freeze from Batman.
- The Beekeeper: The Beekeeper is a man in a beekeeper's suit that can control bees. His secret identity is Doc Beebles, maker of Piles 'O Honey Bars. His debut plot was to use his bees to eat all other candy in the world so his Piles 'O Honey Bars would finally sell (none bought his bars because they were naturally sweet and healthy), though he really wanted the kids to be healthier. However, he does help out the Test siblings and Dukey save a holiday that they created. Due to this, he is currently reformed and likes the Tests, and has dropped out of the force to be replaced by Zizrar. He loves saying "bee" as "be" as a pun when he's wearing his bee suit.
- Mr. Mittens (voiced by James Arnold Taylor): An evil cat with the same modified genetic structure as Dukey by Susan and Mary's classmate Tim Burnout who owned Mr. Mittens. He once tried to turn the entire world into cats. Like Dukey, he is highly intelligent but seems to lack Dukey's fighting skills. He also has a butler named Albert.
- Albert: Mr. Mitten's aforementioned butler. Albert isn't seen hating Johnny, but he was forced into the squad because he has to take care of Mr. Mittens all the time.
- Zizrar (voiced by Scott McNeil): King of the Mole People who often attempts to take over the world only to fail due to his intense aversion to light. He is the first villain Johnny ever fought, but he rarely makes any appearances. He later became Beekeeper's replacement on the Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5 after Beekeeper reformed.
- Dark Vegan (voiced by James Arnold Taylor): A rival of Johnny. He is the ruler of Vegandon, a seemingly utopian planet composed completely of the Vegans, which at first appear peaceful and well-meaning, but in reality, they go to other planets and sap them of their resources, which is what he tried to do to Earth on two occasions and nearly succeeded. After his second attack on Earth, he and his family were left stranded on Earth, much to the ire of Vegan and the pleasure of his family. Although Johnny eventually helped him to return to Vegandon, he later returned to Earth after discovering his planet was incapable of producing his new favorite food: toast. He has a mind-control power which works only on dumb people. He was Jillian's father. He appears to be a parody of Darth Vader from the Star Wars movies.
- Blast Ketchup: The main character of the Tiny'Mon games, Blast Ketchup has dreams of becoming the World's Greatest Tiny'Mon Master. He always takes the first words of what people say, mistaking them as Tiny'Mon. He is similar to Ash Ketchum from the Pokémon series.
- Baboomerang and Badias: Blast Ketchup's Tiny'Mon. Baboomerang (formerly Kadoomerang) is listed with 1000 Power Point's, while Badias has 1100. Baboomerang appeared as an anthropomorphic baboon he wore armor a belt and a diaper. Badias appeared like screechereen but in black.
- Lunch Lady: The lunch lady at Porkbelly Middle School who has greenish skin and speaks in a German accent. She can be very cruel when students don't eat her disgusting (albeit sometimes healthy) food.
- Dawg & Bone: The two chacaters that came from the TV in Johnny's house, with Susan and Mary's invention. Dawg & Bone try to destroy Johnny and Porkbelly due to the fact that they think they are zombies.