Johnny on the Run
|Johnny on the Run|
|Directed by||Lewis Gilbert|
|Produced by||Lewis Gilbert|
|Written by||Patricia Lathan|
|Based on||an idea by George Sturt|
|Music by||Antony Hopkins|
|Edited by||Monica Kimick|
|Distributed by||Associated British Film Distributors (UK)|
|June 1953 (UK)|
In Edinburgh, young Polish migrant Janek/Johnny dreams of returning to Poland, and goes on the run only to become involved with a pair of jewel thieves.
- Eugeniusz Chylek as Johnny
- Sydney Tafler as 'Flash Harry' Fisher
- Michael Balfour as 'Fingers' Brown
- Jean Anderson as Mrs. MacIntyre
- Moultrie Kelsall as Mr. MacIntyre
- Mona Washbourne as Mrs. MacGregor
- Margaret McCourt as Janet MacGregor
- Keith Faulkner as Kenneth MacGregor
Cleo Sylvestre (Cleopatra Sylvestre) as Susie
TV Guide gave the film three out of five stars, and wrote, "This well-paced film is particularly strong in its realistic depiction of children"; and Nothing But The Night wrote, "With its beautifully photographed images of Edinburgh’s Old Town and some utterly beguiling landscape shots of the main Highland settings which were filmed around Loch Earn, this is perhaps one of the CFF’s classiest looking titles, bolstered by fine art direction from Hammer’s Bernard Robinson and a lyrical orchestral score by Anthony Hopkins."
- "Johnny on the Run (1953)".
- "Johnny on the Run (1953) - Lewis Gilbert,Vernon Gilbert Harris - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Johnny On The Run". TVGuide.com.
- "THE CHILDREN'S FILM FOUNDATION COLLECTION: Runaways (1953/1972/1985)". nothingbutthenight.blogspot.co.uk.
|This article related to a British film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|