|Origin||Saltsjöbaden, Stockholm, Sweden|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Indie rock|
|Labels||Rekord Music, V2 Music Scandinavia, V2 Music, Control Group|
Oskar "Ossi" Bonde
Engelbert and Bonde first met when they were 12 and 15 years old, respectively, and started playing together as a duo in 2004. They recorded their first album after only five months as a band, and with only three live shows to their credit. Their self-titled first album was released in January 2005 by a small Swedish indie label; it was rereleased in September 2006 by V2 Music with an additional three tracks.
Their second album, All They Ever Wanted, had its Scandinavian and Western European release in April 2008, followed by a Japanese release in 2009.
Johnossi has toured extensively in Sweden and Western Europe, both alone and with other Swedish bands such as The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Mando Diao and Sibling Sense. They also toured the US in 2007 with Shout Out Louds. In 2009, they made their first appearances in Japan, supporting The Hives.
Their music is characterized by a full guitar sound supported by Engelbert's unorthodox guitar rig and myriad effects pedals, and Bonde's straightforward beats; studio releases often feature colorful percussion accents on instruments such as tambourine, woodblock, guiro, and chimes. A variety of musical styles appear in their work, from hard rock, to blues riffs, post-punk, and even gloom-pop, though lyrical themes are almost uniformly personal and slightly angsty.
- A cover version of "Santa Monica Bay" was used in a commercial for the Scandinavian teen clothing chain "J-Store".
- "Bobby" appears in the film Four Dimensions.
- "Execution Song" appears in the 2008 German film The Wave ("Die Welle").
- "Execution Song" appears on the video game NHL 09.
- "There's A Lot Of Things To Do Before You Die" appears in the 2006 Swedish film When Darkness Falls ("När mörkret faller")
- An instrumental version of their song "Mavericks" was used in a promotional trailer for The Guest (film).
- "The Air is Free" appears on the video games Dirt 4 and NHL 18.
|2008||All They Ever Wanted
- 2006 Execution Song (EP), V2 Music Scandinavia
- 2016 Air Is Free (EP), Universal
- 2017 Live In Berlin (EP), Bud Fox Recordings
|2010||"What's the Point"||20||Mavericks|
|2016||"Air is Free"||Blood Jungle|
- Edling, Johan (20 May 2010). "Johossi förband till Green Day" [Johossi support Green Day]. Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Greene, Jo-Ann. "Johnossi Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "SwedishCharts.com Johnossi discography page". Swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Sverigetopplistan - Sveriges Officiella Topplista". Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 25 February 2017. Click on "Veckans albumlista".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Johnossi.|
|This article about a Swedish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|