Johns Creek High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Johns Creek High School|
Johns Creek High School front entrance
|5575 State Bridge Road
Johns Creek, Georgia
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Integrity, Service, Excellence"|
|Principal||Dr. Jimmy Zoll|
|Color(s)||Dark red Gold Black|
|Rival||Chattahoochee High School, Northview High School, Centennial High School|
|Website||Johns Creek High School|
Johns Creek High School is a public high school in Johns Creek, Georgia, United States, serving grades 9-12. The school is a part of the Fulton County School System. Its students primarily reside inside the city of Johns Creek, though the school also serves part of Alpharetta. Students from Autrey Mill Middle School attend Johns Creek. The school was opened in the fall of 2009 and as of 2017 has an enrollment around 2,076.
In 2013, Johns Creek was ranked by Newsweek as one of America's best public high schools, #214 in the nation, #5 in the State of Georgia and #2 in Fulton County.
The school's mascot is the Gladiator.
In 2012 Johns Creek came in first place in Region 7AAAA and second in the state in the prestigious Regions Director's Cup, which measures success over all sports. In the 2012 Director's Cup, the JCHS Girls finished in first place in all programs in AAAA.
Johns Creek is in Region 6 in Class AAAAAA with geographic rivals Chattahoochee High School, located 2.5 miles away, and Lambert High School, located in nearby Forsyth County. Johns Creek and Chattahoochee share a particularly intense rivalry. Many of Johns Creek's students would be attending Chattahoochee if JCHS had never been built. Many of the athletes were a part of the Chattahoochee "Junior Cougar" feeder programs and played on the same youth sports teams prior to the existence of Johns Creek.
The 2009 cheerleading squad won the AAA State Championship, making JCHS one of the fastest schools to win a state championship in state history. The 2010 boys' tennis team followed, also claiming the AAA State Championship. In the 2011/2012 school year Johns Creek won state championships in both boys' and girls' tennis and were Region Champions or Region Runners-up in baseball, track (boys' and girls'), football, volleyball, swimming, cheerleading, golf (boys') and cross country (girls'). In the spring of 2012, five Johns Creek teams won the region championship and both the boys' and girls' tennis teams won the AAAA State Championship.
In 2010 the Johns Creek Volleyball team made the AAAA Final Four before losing to eventual state champion, Pope High School. In 2011 the Johns Creek boys' golf team placed 2nd in the state.
Johns Creek's athletic teams include:
- Baseball (2012 Region 7-AAAA Champions, 2013 Region-6 AAAAAA Champions)
- Basketball (JCHS welcomes new varsity head basketball Coach Temple for the 2016-2017 season.
- Cheerleading (2015 Co-ed State Champions, 2015 Co-ed Sectional Champions and undefeated season, 2009 Region 5-AAA and AAA State Champions, 2010 Region 7-AAAA Runner-Up, 2011 Region 7-AAAA Runner-Up, and AAAA State Runner-Up)
- Cross-Country (2009 Girls Region 5-AAA Runner Up, 2011 Girls Region 7-AAAA Champions)
- Football (2011 Region 7-AAAA Runner-Up; 17 wins and 3 losses in 2011-2012 seasons; Region 7-AAAAAA champions 2016-2017)
- Golf (2011 Boys Region 7-AAAA Champions and AAAA State Runner-Up, 2012 Boys Region 7-AAAAA Champions, 2013 Boys Region 7-AAAAAA Champions, 2014 Boys Region 7-AAAAAA Champions and State Runner Up, 2016 Region 7-AAAAAA and State Champions)
- Lacrosse (2011 Girls 3-A-AAAA Runner-Up, 2012 Girls 3-A-AAAA Runner-Up)
- Roller Hockey (2011 AA State Champions, 2012 AAA State Champions, 2014 A State Champions)
- Swim/Dive (2014 Girls AAAAAA State Runner-up; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Girls Fulton County Champions)
- Tennis (2010 Boys Region 5-AAA and AAA State Champions, 2011 Boys Region 7-AAAA Champions, 2012 Boys Region 7-AAAA Champions and AAAA State Champions, 2012 Girls Region 7-AAAA Champions and AAAA State Champions)
- Track (2011 Girls Region 7-AAAA Champions, 2012 Girls Region 7-AAAA Runner-Up, 2012 Boys 7-AAAA Region Champions, Boys 2013 Boys 6-AAAAAA Region Champions)
- Volleyball (2010 AAAA Final Four, 2011 Area 6-AAAA Runner-Up, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 AAAAAA Final Four, 2014 Area 6-AAAAAA Champions)
Johns Creek offers many clubs and activities, including:
- Science Olympiad
- Debate (2009 State Runner-Up)
- One-act Play (2011 Region 7-AAAA Champions, 2011 AAAA State Runner-Up)
- Model United Nations
- JCNN (News)
- Academic Bowl
- Beta Club
- Drama Club
- Class Council
- Jewish Student Union
- Muslim Student Association
- Mock Trial
Advanced Placement classes include:
- Advanced Decision Making
- Calculus AB & BC
- Comparative Government
- Computer Science A
- English Language/Composition
- Environmental Science
- French Language
- Human Geography
- Music Theory
- Physics 1, 2, and C
- Spanish Language
- Studio Art
- US History
- US Government and Politics
- World History
Johns Creek offers three languages:
Johns Creek also has numerous fine arts classes:
- Art (including Photography, Pottery, Painting, etc)
- Music Appreciation
- Music Theory
Johns Creek also has a Science Olympiad team.
- "Johns Creek High School | Georgia School Reports". Schoolgrades.georgia.gov. Retrieved 2017-04-07.