|Born||Changanassery, Kerala, India|
Johny Antony is an Indian film director known for his comedy films in Malayalam cinema. He hails from Changanassery in Kottayam district, Kerala. He worked for about a decade as an associate to directors Thulasidas, Taha, Kamal and Jose Thomas. Antony made his directorial debut with the slapstick comedy C.I.D. Moosa in 2003.
He started his film career as an assistant to directors like Thulasidas, Thaha, Sivasanker, Nissar and Jose Thomas. He met the actor Dileep in the sets of the movie Sudhinam, where he was assisting the director Nissar. Later in a few films where Dileep was in lead role Antony overlapped as the associate director. This friendship encouraged Dileep to produce C.I.D. Moosa, Antony's first film as a director.
Inspector Garud, with Dileep and Kavya Madhavan in lead roles, followed next. In 2008, he directed Cycle, a movie starring Vineeth Sreenivasan, Vinu Mohan, Bhama and Sandhya. In 2009, he directed Ee Pattanathil Bhootham, a movie starring Mammootty, Kavya Madhavan, Jagathy, Innocent.
|2009||Ee Pattanathil Bhootham|
|2001||Ee Parakkum Thalika||Thaha|
|1999||Udayapuram Sulthan||Jose Thomas|
|1994||Poochakkaru Mani Kettum||Thulasidas|
- 2018 : Shikkari Shambhu as Priest
- http://www.malayalamcinema.com/php/starPersonalProfile.php?star_id=574&prof_id=574&cur_page=1&pages=1&linkid=29[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- "Cycle Movie, Cycle Film, Cycle Malayalam Movie review-Cycle film review-Cycle review-Cycle review". Webindia123.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|