Joigny is a commune in the Yonne department in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in north-central France.
It is located on the banks of the Yonne River.
Some notable people
It was also the home of Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat, who founded the Roman Catholic Society of the Sacred Heart in 1800.
- Saint John Church (11th-16th century)
- Saint Andrew Church (11th-16th century)
- Saint Theobald Church (16th century)
Saint Andrew Church, Pietà
Saint John Church, Deposition of Christ (16th century)
Inside of Saint Theobald Church
- Mayen, Germany, since 1964
- Godalming, United Kingdom, since 1985
- Hanover, United States, since 1993
- Joigny-sur-Meuse, France, since 2004
- Amelia, Italy, since 2005
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joigny.