Join With Us (album)
|Join With Us|
|Studio album by the Feeling|
|Released||18 February 2008|
|the Feeling chronology|
|Singles from Join With Us|
Join With Us is the second full-length studio album from the British rock band the Feeling. It was released on 18 February 2008, preceded by the first single from the album, "I Thought It Was Over".
The album sold 41,676 copies in the UK during its first week, debuting at #1. This was lower than the first-week sales of their debut album Twelve Stops and Home, which sold 43,304 copies despite peaking at #2 in the UK Albums Chart.
The full track listing is as follows (New Friends):
- "I Thought It Was Over" – 4:00
- "Without You" – 4:49
- "Join With Us" – 4:40
- "Spare Me" – 4:27
- "Turn It Up" – 3:52
- "I Did It for Everyone" – 4:25
- "Won't Go Away" – 3:48
- "Loneliness" – 3:25
- "Conor" – 3:41
- "This Time" – 3:20
- "Don't Make Me Sad" – 5:00
- "The Greatest Show on Earth" – 8:40
- "We Can Dance" (hidden track) – 3:20
The special 2-disc edition includes the bonus disc entitled - (Old Friends):
- "Sewn" (Dan's Original Version)
- "Video Killed the Radio Star" (live from the Hospital)
- "Fill My Little World" (acoustic version)
- "All You Need to Do"
- "Never Be Lonely" (acoustic)
- "Don't Give Up"
- "When I Return"
- "Love It When You Call" (chorale version) [sic]
iTunes bonus tracks
Received as a result of pre-ordering the album from the iTunes Store:
- "You've Got Big Eyes"
- "I Thought It Was Over" (acoustic; live video) – 3:27
On 24 February 2008 Join With Us entered the UK Albums Chart at #1, one place higher than the band's debut, Twelve Stops and Home. The following week the album dropped to #11, then to #18 the week after.
In the UK, the album sold more than 160,000 copies, and was certified as Gold. Worldwide, it sold around 200,000 copies.
The cover art was designed by Juno, a company who have previously produced artwork for Arctic Monkeys and The Zutons. The Feeling's covers and design is by Liz Harry, one third of the design team from Juno, but used this project to launch a solo design career.
The first 50,000 copies of the album were printed with an error in the booklet. The lyrics for "Don't Make Me Sad" were printed twice, and there are no lyrics printed for "Won't Go Away". Also, in these copies, the word "Connor", written either in the title of the song or in the lyrics itself is spelled with only one "n" as "Conor". However on the back of some copies, it is spelled as "Connor", while as "Conor" on others.
Initial critical response to Join With Us was generally positive. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album has received an average score of 66, based on 8 reviews.
- The title track "Join With Us" is featured in a commercial for the Toyota Auris, with the band appearing in the commercial performing the song.
- "Join With Us track listing". Archived from the original on 6 April 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- Weekly catch-up #61 Archived 10 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cover art
- Rare Albums #61 Archived 3 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Allmusic review
- Digital Spy review
- The Guardian review
- Hot Press review
- musicOMH.com review Archived 18 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Times Online review
- "The Feeling:Join With Us (2008): Reviews". Metacritic. CNET Networks, Inc. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
Sleep Through the Static by Jack Johnson
|UK Album Chart number-one album
24 February 2008
Back to Black Deluxe Edition by Amy Winehouse