Joint Force Air Component Headquarters
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Royal Air Force
air component of the
British Armed Forces
The Joint Force Air Component Headquarters (JFACHQ) is the United Kingdom's deployable air command and control unit. The JFACHQ is run by the Royal Air Force with representation from the other services.
The JFACHQ has members from the operations and operations support branches of the RAF to both plan and execute the air war as well as support the deployed air components from A1 to A9.
The unit is based at RAF High Wycombe. It can deploy worldwide at short notice to run an air campaign.
The constituent parts of the JFAC are broken down according to the Continental staff system:
- A1 – PANDA (Personnel and administration)
- A2 – RAF Intelligence
- A3 – Air operations (both plans and current operations)
- A4 – Air logistics
- A5 – Air strategy and contingency planning
- A6 – Air CIS (Communication and Information Systems)
- A7 – Air training
- A8 – Finance and budgets
- A9 – POLAD (Political advice) and LEGAD (Legal adviser)
|This RAF article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|