Joint Mathematics Meetings
The Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM) are a mathematics conference hosted annually in early January by the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and the Mathematical Association of America (MAA). Frequently, several other national mathematics organizations also participate. The meeting is the largest gathering of mathematicians in the United States, and the largest annual meeting of mathematicians in the world. Several thousand talks, panels, minicourses, and poster sessions are held each year.
The JMM also hosts an Employment Center, which is a focal point for the hiring process of academic mathematicians, especially for liberal arts colleges. Many employers conduct their preliminary interview process at the meeting. Often these interviews take place outside the confines of the conference, so the employers may not appear on the official Employment Center listing.
- San Diego, CA, January 10–13, 2018
- Baltimore, MD, January 16–19, 2019
- Denver, CO, January 15–18, 2020
- Washington, DC, January 6–9, 2021
- Atlanta, GA, January 4–7, 2017 link
- Seattle, WA, January 6–9, 2016, link
- San Antonio, TX, January 10–13, 2015, link
- Baltimore, MD, January 15–18, 2014 link
- San Diego, CA, January 9–12, 2013 link
- Boston, MA, January 4–7, 2012 link
- New Orleans, LA, January 6–9, 2011 link
- San Francisco, CA, January 13–16, 2010 link
- Washington, D.C., January 5–8, 2009 link
- San Diego, CA, January 6–9, 2008 link
- New Orleans, LA, January 5–8, 2007 link
- San Antonio, TX, January 12–15, 2006 link
- Atlanta, GA, January 5–8, 2005 link
- Phoenix, AZ, January 7–10, 2004 link
- Baltimore, MD, January 15–18, 2003 link
- San Diego, CA, January 6–9, 2002 link
- New Orleans, LA, January 10–13, 2001 link
- Washington, D.C., January 19–22, 2000 link
- "Joint Mathematics Meetings". Mathematical Association of America. MAA. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "AMS Employment Center". AMS. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "AMS National Meetings Calendar". American Mathematical Society. American Mathematical Society. 2016. Retrieved Jan 11, 2016.
- "Previous AMS National Meetings". American Mathematical Society. American Mathematical Society. Jan 9, 2016. Retrieved Jan 11, 2016.