Joke Silva (born 29 September 1961) is a Nigerian actress and director. She has received several awards and nominations for her work as an actress including the awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2nd Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2006, and Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2008.
Silva was born in Lagos, Nigeria, into a family of four children. She attended Holy Child College in Lagos, after which she studied English at the University of Lagos. She then relocated to England and studied drama at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Silva has starred in several films and television series of both English and Yoruba languages, some which include Secret Laughter of Women, 30 Days, Letters to a Stranger, Widow's Cot, For Coloured Girls[A] and the Africa Movie Academy Award-nominated films White Waters and The Amazing Grace.
Silva is married to veteran actor Olu Jacobs with 2 children.
- ^ Alonge, Osagie (24 September 2011). "Veteran Actress Joke Silva To Celebrate 50th Birthday". Nigerian Entertainment Today (Lagos, Nigeria). Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- ^ a b Okoye, Chinyere. "On Set Joke Silva Divorces All". AllAfrica Global Media. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- ^ "AMAA Awards and Nominees 2006". African Movie Academy Award. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- ^ "AMAA 2006 - List of Winners". African Movie Academy Awards. Archived from the original on 5 December 2006. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- ^ a b Ajirire, Tosin. "Sisters Act". Lagos, Nigeria: The Sun Publishing Limited. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- ^ Azubike, Godfrey. "Night of Nollywood Stars". Lagos, Nigeria: Newswatch. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- ^ Oluikpe, Nkasiobi. "Artistes in Big Dream for 2009". AllAfrica Global Media. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- ^ "Why I haven’t been featuring in Yoruba movies!". The Vanguard. April 5, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- ^ Sowoolu, Lolade; Osagie Alonge. "‘I’d Marry My Husband All Over Again But…’". Nigerian Entertainment Today (Lagos, Nigeria). Retrieved 16 August 2012.