Jolbon was the capital of a small, Korean tribal state which arose in the northern Korean peninsula from perhaps 1st century BCE.
In 37 BCE, Jumong had fled from Dongbuyeo to avoid death at the hands of Dongbuyeo's Crown Prince Daeso, who presented great jealousy towards Jumong. After he fled, Jumong established a new kingdom in 37 BCE called Goguryeo in Jolbon region. In Jolbon, he married to Soseono (or So Seo-no), who was the daughter of local leader.
- Jeon ho-tae, 《Koguryo, the origin of Korean power & pride》, Northeast Asia History Foundation, 2007. p.9
- Lim SK, 《Asian Civiizations:Ancient to 1800 AD》, Asiapac Books Pte Ltd, 2011. ISBN 9812295941 p.77
- Pae-yong Yi, 《Women in Korean History》, 2008. p.120
- Lee Injae, Owen Miller, Park Jinhoon, Yi Hyun-hae, 《Korean History in Maps》, Cambridge University Press, 2014. ISBN 1107098467 p.30
- King Yuri(1) "KBS World", Retrieved 2015-06-27