26 May 1980 |
Kempsey, New South Wales, Australia
From 2006 to 2008 she played the character of Erica Templeton on the drama series All Saints. She is also the winner of the second series of celebrity singing competition It Takes Two. In 2016, she played the voice actress of Commander Sara Briggs in the action game Titanfall 2.
Anderson played Erica Templeton on All Saints until 18 November 2008, when her character was pronounced dead, as she had been missing for 3 weeks. She was one of the younger cast members and reputedly popular with the audience.
It Takes Two
In the first episode of the 2007 season of It Takes Two, Anderson and her partner David Campbell performed "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani and scored eights from all four judges giving them a score of 32 and therefore being at the top of the leaderboard for the first episode of the series.
She continued to score highly amongst the judges and was one of the favourites for the entire competition. On 19 June 2007, she became the first contestant in the show to score a perfect ten from all four judges on both performances.
Anderson and Campbell went on to win It Takes Two on 10 July 2007.
Jolene later accepted the role of "Our Girl" in the Andrew Lloyd Webber song cycle Tell Me on a Sunday. The production had mixed reviews, but Jolene's performance was generally well received, in her musical theatre debut.
She hosted Bush Doctors in 2008, introducing and doing voice-overs during the show. It was a successful series that aired from January to March 2008.
Anderson has signed on to become a series regular in the Ten Network cop drama series Rush. Her character, Shannon Henry, made her debut in the series' second season which premiered on 16 July 2009, at 8:30 pm AEST. She has signed a three-year deal with the show and her contract will expire in 2011.
From 14 November 2011 to 10 December 2011, Anderson was cast as the leading role of Hypatia, in Queensland Theatre Company's Fractions, by Marcel Dorney. Hypatia is a brilliant female mathematician and philosopher who, 1600 years ago, was responsible for the Library of Alexandria - a collection of all the knowledge in her world. When political turmoil runs unchecked, religious fanatics threaten to destroy the Library. As Hypatia struggles to save it, she is forced to confront her own prejudice, and to make a terrible choice.
- 2017: (Living Space)… Officers's wife
- 2014/2015: Home and Away… Neive
- 2013 (Beyond Memories - short film) … Sophie
- 2012 (Dance Academy) …April
- 2010: Criminal Minds... Juliet Monroe
- 2009 – 2012: Rush... Sergeant Shannon Henry
- 2009 (Game - short film) …Olivia
- 2009-2012 (Playschool) …Herself/Host
- 2008: Bush Doctors... Herself/Host
- 2006–2008: All Saints... Erica Templeton
- 2004: Adieu (Short)... Gloria
- http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=506666[dead link]
- Jolene's a one-woman show, BY JODIE MINUS, 30 Jul, 2008, Illawarra Mercury:
- Fractions, Queensland Theatre Company
- Jolene Anderson at the Internet Movie Database
- joleneanderson.com (web page)
- [archive.org/web/20060615163216/https://web.archive.org/web/20060615163216/http://au.yahoo.com/it-takes-two/ It Takes Two official website]
- All Saints official website