|Manufacturer||Uniscope Technologies Shanghai Co Ltd.|
|Slogan||Jolla – we are unlike|
|Compatible networks||2G/GSM: 2/3/5/8 ; 3G/WCDMA: B1 B5, B8 ; 4G/LTE: 1/3/7/20.|
|First released||25 May 2016|
|Availability by region||May 2016 (Jolla site pre-orders worldwide) expected to ship in July 2016|
|Predecessor||Jolla (mobile phone)|
|Mass||150 g (0.33 lb)|
|Operating system||Sailfish OS 2.0 and above|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 1.3 GHz quad-core processor|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Removable storage||microSDHC, up to 32GB is officially supported; up to 64GB if microSDXC card is formatted to Jolla supported formats like Ext4 or Fat32.|
|Battery||2500 mAh user-replaceable li-on, 3.8V, 9.5Wh battery|
|Display||5.0″ IPS, 293 PPI HD (720*1280)|
|Rear camera||8 megapixel AF camera with LED flash|
|Front camera||2 megapixel front-facing camera|
|Development status||Launched for Community and Developers|
Jolla C is a limited-edition mobile phone by Jolla geared toward Community and Developers with Sailfish OS and no third-party applications installed by factory, so called "purest Sailfish OS". It is the first dual SIM device from Jolla, whose hardware specification is nearly identical to Aqua Fish released later on by Intex Technologies, only with different cellular bands set. It is compatible with Android apps.
Purest Sailfish OS for development and debugging
Absence of 3rd party software helps, mainly developers, to test and observe behaviour of developed code software without interferences from other non-system software. Also this model is for betatesting and validation of OS upgrades to find and eliminate in daily use eventual bugs before they will be distributed as update of the OS. For that purpose it will be receiving all new parts of OS code with early release mechanism intended for community members or developers involved in OS development. They are also available for other devices but only after user's declaration and not by default. This also means that unpredictable risk of using beta-tested OS elements and eventual consequences is possible in this particular model - for some this is what is attractor and advantage of the Jolla C model.
Availability via site
It was offered from 25 May 2016 via Jolla site for those who registered for The Sailfish community device program there.
- On the 25 May 2016 for the first time it was offered limited batch of 1000 items for targeted group via Jolla's web site and it was sold out within 7 hours.
- On the 14 June 2016 in response to demands the second batch of 500 devices was offered at Jolla site and sold out within 15 minutes.
- Sailfish OS
- Jolla Tablet
- Sailfish Alliance – the open alliance of companies supporting and promoting Sailfish OS in frames of the open alliance.
- Aqua Fish – retailed version
- Oysters SF
- Fairphone 2
- INOI R7
- Liquidmorphium Turing Phone
- mi-Fone (mobile)
- "Jolla - we are unlike". Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Twitter / JollaHQ: @Whippler_42 32gb on tuettu" [32gb [sic] is supported.] (in Finnish). 27 November 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Jolla C". Jolla.com. Jolla. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- S., Stephen. "Jolla's back with a new Sailfish OS phone: limited-edition Jolla C". phonearena.com. phonearena.com. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|