This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dixon was born in Salisbury, Wiltshire, and began playing guitar at the age of nine. He has been a professional guitarist since 1993, playing for artists such as Toyah Willcox (Take the Leap, 1993 and subsequent tours), Voice of the Beehive (Sex and Misery, 1995), Scarlet (Naked, 1995 and Chemistry, 1996, including hit single "Independent Love Song"), Judie Tzuke (Under the Angels, 1996 and Songs 2, 2008), and Mark Owen (Green Man, 1996 and subsequent tours, hit singles "Child" and "Clementine", also How the Mighty Fall tour, 2005/6 and mixed audio for Live at the Academy DVD, 2006).
Dixon was a founding member of President Records, signing Rorschach from 1998 to 2002, and he produced, engineered and mixed their album Needles and Pins, Shotguns and Skins (President Records, catalogue #PCOM 1159). In 2004, he began playing for Rachel Fuller, contributing to her album Cigarettes and Housework and performing at her live shows. It was through Fuller that Dixon met Pete Townshend, and since then he has played on numerous recordings with both Townshend and Fuller. As a producer/mixer, Dixon has worked on many releases, and as a session guitarist he has worked alongside producers such as John Leckie, Chris Thomas, Vic Coppersmith-Heaven, Craig Leon, Neil Perry and Pete Townshend. Dixon was guitarist with Melodramatic Records/Vertigo artist Amy Macdonald, contributing to her 2007 platinum selling UK number one album This is the Life which sold in excess of three million copies, and was number one in five European countries, and also Macdonald's second album, A Curious Thing which was number one in three European countries and also topped the pan-European charts. As well as playing guitar, Dixon mixed the bonus live disc on the deluxe edition of A Curious Thing. He was the guitarist in Macdonald's touring band from the outset of her career until the end of 2009, and was also her musical director for her 2009 touring schedule.
As of late 2010, he has been a permanent resident in the U.S., and owns and runs a recording studio and production company in Placerville, California.
- Wilkerson, Mark (2008) Who Are You: The Life of Pete Townshend, Omnibus Press, ISBN 978-1-84772-243-0, p. 580
- Gregory, Andy (2002) International Who's Who in Popular Music, Europa, ISBN 1-85743-161-8, p. 138
-  Archived July 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Voice Of The Beehive - Sex & Misery CD Album". Cduniverse.com. 1996-04-12. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
-  Archived July 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Outlook Vol. 3 Hathway Investments Pvt Ltd, 1997, page 76
- "Needles And Pins, Shotguns And Skins | Catalogue". President Records. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
-  Archived October 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Music | 'A Curious Thing' Credits — Amy Macdonald". Amymacdonald.co.uk. 2010-04-16. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "De beste bron van informatie over blacki. Deze website is te koop!" (in Dutch). Blacki.eu. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Jolyon Dixon Artist Quote | Page 1 | Blackstar". Blackstaramps.co.uk. 2010-10-26. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Media". Z100.com. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Music Mountain's 2010 Season - Entertainment - The Litchfield County Times". Countytimes.com. 2010-06-03. Retrieved 2014-06-28.