Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Produced by||Sethu Mannarkad|
|Written by||Iqbal Kuttippuram|
Full Moon Cinema
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films|
Jomonte Suvisheshangal (English: Jomon's Gospels) is a 2017 Indian Malayalam family drama film directed by Sathyan Anthikkad and written by Iqbal Kuttippuram. The film stars Dulquer Salmaan, Mukesh and Aishwarya Rajesh, in the lead roles. The film was released in Telugu as Andamaina Jeevitham.
Jomon (Dulquer Salmaan), the irresponsible son of the self-made businessman and widower Vincent (Mukesh). The story, set in Thrissur, revolves around Vincent's family, focusing on the relationship between the father and the son. Vincent, who is very fond of his son, constantly tries to instill in him a sense of responsibility, only to be met with failure. Jomon falls in love with Catherine (Anupama Parameswaran), who he meets in the church while attending the Sunday mass on his father's insistence. Vincent also puts Jomon in charge of gent's wear store so that his son can develop a sense of maturity. However, much to Vincent's dismay, Jomon sells the men's wear store to the store manager, for an amount of Rs.40 Lakhs. It is later revealed that Jomon sold the store, along with his expensive motorcycle, to invest in and become the managing partner of a textile store in Thiruppur along with his friend Mushtaq (Jacob Gregory). Meanwhile, a financial catastrophe befalls Vincent. Vincent loses all his property and is evicted from his house. Vincent, abandoned by all other family members, joins Jomon in Thiruppur where they begin to live a modest life. Jomon is forced to terminate his relationship with Catherine due to the family's newfound financial constraints. Jomon's life in Thiruppur is equally turbulent as the new business venture fails as a result of Mushtaq's extravagant lifestyle. He starts working as a salesman for a textile company, during the course of which he befriends Vaidehi (Aishwarya Rajesh)--an accountant at a textile manufacturing company he happens to visit on business. Vincent, who also has difficulties adjusting to the new lifestyle, takes up the job of a tailor to fund his expensive habit of smoking imported cigarettes. After the series of setbacks in their business, Jomon and Mushtaq, along with Vaidehi, manage to successfully build a new business venture. Soon, Jomon is able to buy back Vincent's old house and the family reunites with new lessons learned. Meanwhile, Jomon falls in love with Vaidehi, who moves into Thrissur along with her father.
- Dulquer Salmaan as Jomon T. Vincent
- Mukesh as Vincent, Jomon's father
- Aishwarya Rajesh as Vaidehi Perumal (voice dubbed by Raveena Ravi)
- Anupama Parameswaran as Catherine
- Manobala as Perumal
- Innocent as Palodan
- Muthumani as Laly, Jomon's sister
- Vinu Mohan as Dr. Alphonse Vincent, Jomon's brother
- Harish Siva as friend
- Jacob Gregory as Muzthaq
- Indu Thampi as Dr. Jesli Kuryakose
- Rasna Pavithran as Jessy
- Rahul Ravi as Jessy's husband
- Irshad as Joshy
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Ravunni
- Nandhu as Dr. Kuryakose
- Disney James as Tony
- Ashvin Mathew as David
- Sethulakshmi as T. C. Mariyamma
- Chempil Ashokan
- Vinod Kedamangalam
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||2 December 2016|
|Recorded||Varsha Vallaki Studios|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
The music and background score for the film is composed by Vidyasagar with lyrics penned by Rafeeq Ahammed. Vidyasagar is working with Sathyan Anthikad for the third time. The complete album was released by Muzik247 in their official YouTube channel on 2 December 2016. The film had three songs.
|1.||"Nokki Nokki"||Abhay Jodhpurkar, Merin Gregory||4:18|
|3.||"Neelakasham"||Najim Arshad, Sujatha Mohan||4:26|
- Unni.k.Warrier (14 January 2017). "ജോമോന്റെ സുവിശേഷങ്ങൾ 19–ന് എത്തും". Malayala Manorama.
- Satyan Anthikkad's Dulquer Salman movie titled 'Jomonte Suvisheshangal'. Nowrunning.com (2016-09-09). Retrieved on 2017-03-09.
- It's out! Catch the first look of Dulquer Salmaan-Sathyan Anthikad film. English.manoramaonline.com. Retrieved on 2017-03-09.
- "'Jomonte Suvisheshangal': Actress Aishwarya Rajesh joins Dulquer-starrer". Malayala Manorama. 20 September 2016.
- "Jomonte Suviseshangal: Second Schedule Starts Rolling". filmibeat. 21 October 2016.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal Songs Out". pressks. 2 December 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.