Bostic with the Chicago Bears in 2014
|No. 57 – Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:||May 5, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Mims, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Jonathan Earl Bostic, II (born May 5, 1991) is an American football linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida and was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Bostic was born in Atlanta, Georgia, to John Bostic and Jacqueline Bostic. His father was a defensive back for the Detroit Lions from 1985 to 1987. After his father retired from the NFL, he gained his Ph.D. in pharmacy, and eventually relocated his family to Wellington, Florida. Bostic attended Palm Beach Central High School in Wellington, where he played for the Palm Beach Central Broncos high school football team. Bostic has two younger siblings: Jayla Bostic, who is a successful track athlete at the University of Florida, and Justin Bostic.
Bostic accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2009 to 2012. During his college career, he started 32 of 51 games in which he played, recording 237 tackles, 7.5 quarterback sacks and five interceptions. Following his senior season in 2012, he was a second-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection.
Bostic graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health, Education and Behavior in 2012.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40‑yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20‑ss||3‑cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 7⁄8 in
|9 5⁄8 in
|4.59 s||1.59 s||2.61 s||4.24 s||6.99 s||32.5 in
|9 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Scouting Combine|
In the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft, Bostic was selected by the Chicago Bears with the 50th pick overall. On May 9, Bostic and the Bears agreed to a four-year deal, making him the fifth Bears draftee to sign.
In the second preseason game against the San Diego Chargers, Bostic recorded a hit on Chargers receiver Mike Willie, which the league eventually fined him $21,000 for lowering his head while hitting a defenseless receiver.
In week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens, Bostic recorded his first career interception, the first Bears rookie linebacker to do so since Lance Briggs in 2003. Bostic ended the 2013 season recording 57 tackles, two sacks and one interception.
New England Patriots
On May 9, 2016, the Patriots traded Bostic to the Detroit Lions in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick. On September 6, 2016, Bostic was placed on injured reserve with a foot injury.
- List of Chicago Bears players
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of New England Patriots players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Jon Bostic". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-04-26). "Bears select Florida linebacker Jon Bostic". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "Bears sign LB Bostic". Yahoo! Sports. 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- Alper, Josh (2013-08-21). "Jon Bostic reportedly fined $21,000 for hit against Chargers". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "Postgame notes: Bears vs. Ravens week 11". Chicago Bears. 2013-11-17. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- Mayer, Larry (2014-01-29). "Linebacker position hurt by injuries". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "Bears ship linebacker Bostic to Patriots for pick". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- "Lions acquire LB Jon Bostic via trade with Patriots". Detroit Lions. May 9, 2016. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "Lions awarded TE Khari Lee via waivers, place LB Jon Bostic on Reserve/Injured". DetroitLions.com.
- Bowen, Kevin (April 20, 2017). "Colts Sign Veteran Inside Linebacker Jon Bostic". Colts.com.