Jon Foster (artist)
Jon Foster studied illustration at the Rhode Island School of Design and graduated in 1989. His paintings are oils on canvas and are known to have a dark or muted color pallet. Typically, they incorporate subject matter like good vs. evil, anger, and adventure. Before a project is complete, Foster scans his paintings into a computer to add digital effects.
Foster has illustrated cards for the Magic: The Gathering collectible card game.
Some of his achievements include multiple awards from the prestigious Spectrum sci-fi and fantasy art publications.
Jon lives in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Progressions (February 2003)
- Revolution: The Art of Jon Foster (November 2006)
- Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic Trilogy by Sean Williams and Shane Dix (Del Rey Books, 2003)
- The Uninvited (May 2004)
- Snake Agent by Liz Williams (Night Shade Books, September 2005)
- The Dragonback series by Timothy Zahn (Starscape Books, 2005)
- The Demon and the City by Liz Williams (Night Shade Books, August 2006)
- Mistborn: The Final Empire, Mistborn: The Well of Ascension, and Mistborn: Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
- The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox by Barry Hughart (Subterranean Press, 2008) 
- Fender Lizards by Joe R. Lansdale (Subterranean Press, 2015)
- Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator
- Batman: the Ring, the Arrow and the Bat
- The Nightmare Factory - Volume 2
- Star Wars
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Spectrum 6 (December 1999)
- Spectrum 8 (November 2001)
- Spectrum 9 (December 2002)
- Spectrum 10 (October 2003)
- Spectrum 11 (November 2004)
- The Illustration Academy
- "Hughart, The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox: Subterranean Press". Archived from the original on 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2009-06-02.