|Occupation||Author, Keynote Speaker, Consultant|
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
Gordon has worked with numerous athletic organizations, academic institutions, and corporations, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, the University of Georgia's Bulldogs, Clemson University Tigers, University of Nebraska Athletic Department, Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, the Atlanta Falcons, Campell Soup, Wells Fargo, Northwestern Mutual, Publix, Southwest Airlines, Bayer, West Point Academy, and more. He works frequently with K-12 educators and administrators in school associations and districts across North America.
The Energy Bus Animated Training Program, an interactive course based on Gordon’s bestselling book, The Energy Bus, released in 2015. In 2016, Gordon launched Positive University, an ongoing online program that provides access to content focused on overcoming everyday challenges, bringing together a community of like-minded people.
Gordon is the author of several books including The Wall Street Journal best-sellers The Energy Bus, The Carpenter, The Power of Positive Leadership, The Power of a Positive Team, and You Win in the Locker Room First, which he co-authored with former Head Coach of the Atlanta Falcons, Mike Smith, and The Washington Post best-seller Training Camp. Other books include The No Complaining Rule, The Shark and the Goldfish, Soup: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture, The Seed, The Positive Dog, The Energy Bus for Kids, One Word, The Hard Hat, Thank You and Good Night, Life Word, and The Energy Bus Field Guide.
Sam Presti, general manager of the Oklahoma City Thunder (then Seattle SuperSonics), was quoted in The New York Times saying that Gordon's The Energy Bus is "a management book that shows readers how they can affect situations by how they frame them".
Ken Blanchard, co-author of The One Minute Manager, wrote in his foreword to The Energy Bus, “If you want to fuel your family, your career, your team, and your organization with spirit, read this book. Jon’s energy and advice will leap off the page and help you cultivate positive energy in everything you do—and you will make the world a better place for your having been here.”
Gordon has delivered keynote addresses and speeches at conferences and organizations across North America, including the World Leaders Conference, United States Automobile Association, Mass Mutual, Northwestern Mutual, New York Life, SC Johnson, San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, Los Angeles Clippers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Miami Heat, Clemson University Tigers, University of Nebraska Athletic Department, West Point Academy, FTD, Raymond James, Wells Fargo, BB&T, Southwest Air, SERVPRO, What a Burger, The University of Maryland Men's lacrosse team,and Five Guys.
- Gordon, Jon (2007). The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 192 pages. ISBN 0470100281.
- Gordon, Jon (2008). The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 176 pages. ISBN 0470279494.
- Gordon, Jon (2009). Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 176 pages. ISBN 0470462086.
- Gordon, Jon (2009). The Shark and the Goldfish: Positive Ways to Thrive During Waves of Change. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 112 pages. ISBN 0470503602.
- Gordon, Jon (2010). Soup: A Recipe to Nourish Your Team and Culture. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 164 pages. ISBN 0470487844.
- Gordon, Jon (2011). The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 146 pages. ISBN 0470888563.
- Gordon, Jon (2012). The Positive Dog: A Story About the Power of Positivity. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 128 pages. ISBN 0470888555.
- Gordon, Jon (2012). The Energy Bus for Kids: A Story about Staying Positive and Overcoming Challenges. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 48 pages. ISBN 1118287355.
- Gordon, Jon; Britton, Dan; Page, Jimmy (2013). One Word That Will Change Your Life. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 112 pages. ISBN 1118809424.
- Gordon, Jon (2014). The Carpenter: A Story About the Greatest Success Strategies of All. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 160 pages. ISBN 0470888547.
- Gordon, Jon (2015). The Hard Hat: 21 Ways to Be a Great Teammate – A True Story. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 128 pages. ISBN 111912011X.
- Gordon, Jon; Smith, Mike (2015). You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C’s to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 176 pages. ISBN 1119157854.
- Gordon, Jon (2016). Thank You and Good Night. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 36 pages. ISBN 1118986911.
- Gordon, Jon; Britton, Dan; Page, Jimmy (2016). Life Word: Discover Your One Word to Leave a Legacy. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 112 pages. ISBN 1119351456.
- Gordon, Jon (2017). The Power of Positive Leadership: How and Why Positive Leaders Transform Teams and Organizations and Change the World. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 208 pages. ISBN 1119351979.
- Gordon, Jon (2017). The Energy Bus Field Guide. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 144 pages. ISBN 1119412455.
- Gordon, Jon (2018). The Power of a Positive Team: Proven Principles and Practices that Make Great Teams Great. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley. pp. 176 pages. ISBN 1119430240.
- Von Ahn, Lisa. "Business Books: Making the workplace a gripe-free zone" Reuters 3 July 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "Georgia Bulldogs' bus rolling" Times Free Press 18 November 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2012
- "Smith's book club aims to motivate" Atlanta Journal-Constitution 15 August 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "The Energy Bus". www.energybustraining.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "Coping With a Workplace Where the Glass Is Always Half Empty" The Washington Post 3 August 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- USNews.com Retrieved on 18 May 2012.
- "Leaders Recommend Favorite Management Books" 17 November 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "Under Siege" New York Post 18 August 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "Headlines (News & Media) for Jon Gordon". www.jongordon.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "Optimism is good business" Times Union 30 June 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "UGA, Falcons ride ‘Energy Bus,' rid team of ‘vampires'" Atlanta Journal-Constitution 21 November 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2012
- Wall Street Journal WSJ Best-Selling Books listing for May 6, 2012. Retrieved on 25 May 2012.
- "From Attitude to Gratitude: This is No Time for Complaints" The Wall Street Journal 04 March 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- "'The Shark and the Goldfish' author Jon Gordon offers advice on how to take control in tough times" New York Daily News 12 October 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2012
- "Devalued Sonics Seek New Arena or a New City to Call Home" The New York Times 27 January 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2012
- Gordon, Jon (2010-06-03). The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470893319.
- http://www.thinkebiz.net, Ebiz Solutions,. "Jon Gordon Speaker | Sales Speaker | Executive Speakers Bureau". www.executivespeakers.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.