Jon Gregory (editor)
Jon Gregory is a British film editor who has worked in the film industry since the 1980s. He began his career with TV series Shoestring (1981), A Year in Provence (1994), Deeply (2000), The Proposition, (2005), In Bruges (2009), and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) for which he received an Academy Award for Best Film Editing nomination at the 90th Academy Awards.
Gregory was previously nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Editing for Four Weddings and a Funeral (directed by Mike Newell - 1994). He has been selected as a member of the American Cinema Editors.
- List of film director and editor collaborations - Gregory has edited films with director Mike Leigh for more than 30 years, commencing with High Hopes (1988). Secrets & Lies (1996) received Oscar and BAFTA nominations for best picture and for best directing.
- "Jon Gregory, ACE on Building an Editing Career". YouTube. 1 August 2018. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
I was born in India... when [I] came over to England...
- Sims, David (23 January 2018). "The 2018 Oscar Nominations Are In". The Atlantic. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Epstein, Adam (23 January 2018). ""Dunkirk" and "The Shape of Water" lead the impressive 2018 Oscar field". Quartz. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "ACE Member Directory". American Cinema Editors. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Feature Films with Mike Leigh, Jon Gregory sorted by release date". Internet Movie Database (IMDb).