Jon Henrik Fjällgren
|Jon Henrik Fjällgren|
Fjällgren in 2014
|Birth name||Jon Henrik Mario Fjällgren|
|Also known as||Colombiano|
26 April 1987 |
|Genres||Traditional joik music|
|Years active||2014 – present|
Jon Henrik Mario Fjällgren (born 26 April 1987) is a Swedish-Sami singer and jojkare, an interpreter of Sámi Joik and winner of the Swedish Talang Sverige 2014 competition in 2014 broadcast on TV3. Upon winning the competition he released the music album Goeksegh.
At a very young age, he lived in an Indian village and later moved to an orphanage from which he later became adopted by a family from Sweden. He was adopted by a Swedish Sami family and became part of a Siida community in Mittådalen, a reindeer foraging area where he worked as a reindeer herder. Fjällgren has revealed in several interviews that he was bullied as a child because he had darker skin and was not born a Sami. The bullying stopped as he reached teenaged years.
He started singing local traditional songs when he was 14. He gained exposure when he sang in the presence of the King and Queen of Sweden who were attending church services at Funäsdalens Church. When he was 16 he released an album titled Onne vielle.
At the age of 26, he took part in the Swedish Talang Sverige 2014 competition and won over viewers with his interpretations of traditional Sami songs. He auditioned with a moving rendition of "Daniel's Joik" dedicated to his best friend Daniel, who had died in an accident. After winning the competition and prize money of 1 million Swedish kronor, he released his studio album Goeksegh on 19 May 2014, based primarily on materials he had performed during the contest.
On 31 May 2014, he performed at the "Saepmie Welcomes Festival" a festival of Sámi culture that coincided with the ConIFA World Football Cup held in Östersund. In July he performed his winning song in Allsång på Skansen which was broadcast on SVT.
Fjällgren participated in Melodifestivalen 2015 in the third semifinal with the song Jag är fri (Manne leam frijje), and made it to the final in Friends Arena. In the final he placed second after the jury and televoting results.
|2005||Onne vielle (limited edition)||–|
|2015||Goeksegh - Jag är fri
(Rerelease of Goeksegh plus track "Jag är fri" )
|2015||"Jag är fri (Manne leam frijje)"||8||Melodifestivalen 2015|
- "Fjällgren tar jojken till Friends Arena". Sydsvenskan. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Nu ska 'Talang'-jojken ta honom till Colombia". Aftonbladet. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Jon Henrik Fjällgren". Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Talang-Tobbe i tårar – efter sorgsen samejojk". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Jojkare tävlar i Talang i Sverige". Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Jon Henrik Fjällgren vann "Talang Sverige"" (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Talang-vinnaren Jon Henrik Fjällgren släpper skiva". Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Dagen efter succésegern – Jon Henrik Fjällgren släpper skiva". OP.se. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Jon-Henrik hyllade sin döde vän på "Allsång"". Expressen. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Jon Henrik Fjällgren och Isa är i final i Melodifestivalen 2015". svt.se. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Jon Henrik Fjällgren discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Ola discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
|Awards and achievements|
|Winner of Talang Sverige