Knox performing in 2014
|Genres||Rock, Christian rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, beatmaker and composer|
Jon Knox is an American session drummer who has been a member of the bands White Heart, Adam Again, Future User and is currently the drummer for The Union of Sinners and Saints. He is also a producer, beatmaker and composer.
Knox was the drummer of Christian rock band White Heart from 1992 to 1997, and concurrently the drummer of the alternative funk rock band Adam Again. He reunited with White Heart in 2006 for the Soul2Soul Awards show and again in 2014 for the Easterfest concert in Australia.
Knox is now the drummer for The Union of Sinners and Saints. The Union features members from two of the best selling Christian Rock bands of all time, Petra and Whiteheart. He also lent his drum skills to the electronic progressive rock outfit Future User for their debut release. The band is composed of Rage Against the Machine bassist, Tim Commerford, along with multi-instrumentalist Jordan Tarlow on keys and producer, Brendan O'Brien on guitars.
His musical talents have been nominated for Grammy and Dove awards, and has toured and appeared on television and radio broadcasts that have spanned the globe. His playing experience has led him to work with artists and members of including: Adam Again, Blind Melon, No Doubt, Audio Adrenaline, Wooten Brothers, John Elefante, Lock Up with Tom Morello, Crystal Lewis, Steve Cropper, Mandisa, Great White, Carman, DC Talk, The Bus Boys, Ray Parker Jr., Otis Day and many others. Working alongside these artists recording, touring, creating and/or collaborating musically allowed him to expand into a very versatile musician, teaching himself to play guitar, bass and to compose and produce music.
Knox currently is involved in recording, remixing, making beats, scoring and producing projects. Also, he composes and produces music for artists and several music library companies. His compositions are in these genres of music: rock, alternative, hip-hop, EDM, dance, pop, indie and R&B.
Credits include: MTV, Sirius & XM Radio, Viacom, OWN, TLC, NBC Sports, Speed Channel, HBO, FOX Sports, CI Games, CBS Sports, Ayars Animation Inc., Shaw Communications, Deliverance Films, Play Ltd. and Discovery.
- "Discography: Jon Knox".
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 1034. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- Powell, Mark Allan (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers. p. 22. ISBN 1-56563-679-1.
- "Whiteheart: then & now".
- "Who is Future User? New Band Reveals Identities in Exclusive Interview". radio.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- "Pearl Drums Artist: Jon Knox".
- "Frontline Records Artist: Adam Again".
- "ProdutionTrax Composer: Jon Knox".
- "Jon Knox". soultonecymbals.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- "Vic Firth Artist Roster". vicfirth.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Cympad Reto Hirschi. "Cympad - optimize your cymbal sound! - Cympad artists over the world!". cympad.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Super User. "Jon Knox". protectionracket.com. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jon Knox.|
- Official website
- Jon Knox's channel on YouTube
- Jon Knox discography, forum, and marketplace at Discogs
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|