Kortajarena at the 66th Venice International Film Festival in September 2009
Jon Kortajarena Redruello
19 May 1985
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Agency||The Lions (New York) |
Success Models (Paris)
Why Not Model Management (Milan)
Select Model Management (London)
View Management (Barcelona)
YC Models (Brussels)
Scoop Models (Copenhagen) 
Jon Kortajarena Redruello (born 19 May 1985) is a Spanish model and actor. He has landed advertising campaigns for Just Cavalli, Versace, Giorgio Armani, Bally, Etro, Trussardi, Diesel, Mangano, Lagerfeld, Pepe Jeans but notably H&M, Zara, Guess and Tom Ford for his consecutive seasons with the brands. On 26 June 2009, Forbes ranked Jon Kortajarena 8th in The World's 10 Most Successful Male Models.
Kortajarena currently ranks No.4 on MODELS.com's Top 25 The Money Guys list.
Early life and career
Kortajarena was born in Bilbao (Biscay), in the Basque Country, Spain. He was discovered while vacationing in Barcelona when he accompanied a friend who was invited to attend a fashion show. Whilst there, a booker noticed him and persuaded him to give the fashion world a go. His first professional experience was in Cibeles fashion show for Roberto Verino. He left Bilbao, his hometown, and ventured into the fashion industry in Paris. In 2004, at the age of 18, Kortajarena became the face of Just Cavalli for Roberto Cavalli's spring campaign which quickly jet started his career. He made his international fashion show debut at the fall Milan and Paris fashion weeks for Emporio Armani and John Galliano. Two months later, in New York, Steven Meisel photographed him for Versace. Kortajarena's other runway credentials include walking for Bottega Veneta, Dolce & Gabbana, Salvatore Ferragamo, Carolina Herrera, Giorgio Armani, John Galliano, and Chanel in Milan and Paris. Kortajarena appeared in a commercial for the sugar-free, Fanta Z "Mediterraneo", a TV ad in 2005 which poked fun at the departed Fanta Lite. Its content, though, quickly drew complaints in Britain and it eventually became restricted to the post-9pm broadcasts.
In 2007, Kortajarena signed with GUESS? and renewed his contract again in 2008. With new campaigns on the stands, Terry Richardson photographed Kortajarena for Tom Ford alongside Noah Mills and became the label’s signature male model for the next consecutive seasons. He was featured on the cover of the spring/summer 2008 issue of L'Officiel Hommes magazine, devoting him 200 pages, with the cover title reading "200 Pages of Fashion with Jon Kortajarena".
It was the first time a male model had achieved this and consequently it became a reference in the industry; other models to follow such honor were Andres Velencoso and Arthur Sales. For the 2009 spring men’s wear and eyewear advertising campaigns Jon was art directed and photographed, for the first time, by Tom Ford himself.
On 26 June 2009, Forbes published its list of The World's 10 Most Successful Male Models ranking Kortajarena in 8th place. In November Kortajarena was named by German GQ as Model of the Year. Spain's Marie Claire awards "Prix de la Moda" awarded him Best Spanish Model for 2009.
Breaking into 2010 with ad campaigns for H&M, True Trussardi and Esprit; Kortajarena modeled alongside Alexa Chung for Pepe Jeans fall/winter Campaign. He was in the Next autumn/winter campaign and in its TV advert that launched on 10 September, alongside Emanuela de Paula.
In 2011 he was selected as one of the models to star in Lacoste's $66 million new advertising concept under the new tagline, "Unconventional Chic". The ads were shot by Mert and Marcus showing models wearing the iconic white Lacoste polo shirts worn over eveningwear. He fronted the cover of the March 2011 issue of Vogue Spain alongside Anja Rubik and compatriot Andres Velencoso. Described as "an icon of charm and masculinity", Kortajarena was chosen as the protagonist for the special video version of Roberto Cavalli Men's Spring/Summer 2012 runway and opened the show held at the Palazzo Serbelloni in Milan. For the fall campaigns he became the face of David Yurman for the third consecutive time and was photographed by legendary photographer Peter Lindbergh.
Jon Kortajarena was born in Bilbao, Spain, and now lives in Shoreditch, London. He speaks Spanish, English and Euskera. He went to an ikastola school up until he was 10 years old, but due to traveling he went on to enroll in public, private, and Catholic schools thereafter. His mother is a hairdresser and she often styles his hair. If he was not modeling he would be a full-time actor; however, he notes that interior designing and photography are some fields he has always been curious about. His hobbies include watching films, reading books by Hermann Hesse, sunbathing, going to the mountains with friends, and listening to music. He describes himself as an 'ultimate romantic'. Some of his favorite novels include Perfume, The Wheel of Life by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, and Siddhartha. He dated Welsh actor Luke Evans.
|2016||F/W · Fergie Music Video"M.I.L.F.$"|
|2015||F/W · Madonna Music Video "Bitch I'm Madonna"|
|2013||F/W · HUDSON Jeans|
|2012||F/W · Kenneth Cole, ZARA, David Yurman, Madonna Music Video "Girl Gone Wild", Roberto Cavalli, 3 Vogue covers|
|2011||S/S · Lacoste · Pepe Jeans · Replay · David Yurman · F/W · David Yurman, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste.|
|2010||S/S · Belvedere Vodka · El Palacio de Hierro · Next · H&M · Matinique · Mangano · Esprit · Mauro Grifoni · Trussardi Jeans · Etienne Aigner · F/W · Trussardi Jeans · H&M* · John Richmond · Matinique · Lagerfeld · Pepe Jeans · Esprit · David Yurman · 212 VIP fragrance* · Next*|
|2009||S/S · Brian Atwood · Diesel · Tom Ford · Etro · Guess · F/W · H&M · Matinique · Mangano · Tom Ford Eyewear · Jaeger · Mauro Grifoni|
|2008||S/S · Bally · Guess · Etro · Mango · Tom Ford Eyewear · Trussardi · F/W · Carlo Pignatelli ·|
|2007||S/S · Guess · F/W · Armani|
|2005||F/W · Fanta Z* · Macy's · Springfield|
|2004||S/S · Just Cavalli · F/W · Versace|
|Sources: Models.com, The Fashionisto, Armani-07|
^* TV spot
|2009||A Single Man||Carlos|
|2018||The Aspern Papers||Jeffrey Aspern|
|2017||Quantico||Felix Cordova||ABC||Recurring role|
|2018||La Verdad||Marcos Eguia||Telecinco||Love Interest|
|2012||"Girl Gone Wild"||Madonna|
|2015||"Bitch I'm Madonna"||Madonna|
- The Internet Fashion Database – Jon Kortajarena Archived 5 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Jon Kortajarena on IMDb
- New York Magazine Profile – Jon Kortajarena
- Forbes: The World's 10 Most Successful Male Models
- MODELS.COM 25 Top Money Guys
- "Jon Kortajarena y Cristina Tosio". Marie Claire. G+J España. 14 May 2009. Archived from the original on 21 December 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "Spanish Hottie Jon Kortajarena Nabs 200 Pages in 'L'Officiel Hommes'". New York Magazine. New York Media LLC. 13 February 2008.
- Pearlman, Julia (6 July 2005). "er's Fanta Z TV ad gets restriction after kids copy spitting". Brand Republic. Haymarket Media. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2010.
- Scheidnes, Jean (3 February 2009). "Tom Ford, Lensman..." Women's Wear Daily. Fairchild Fashion Group. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "It's Official!". models.com. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Plattner, Seth (11 December 2008). "Models we love: Jon Kortajarena (and his foot fetish)". Truman Says. Out.com. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- Steph, Alek (10 March 2009). "WHERE THERE'S SHOES..."
- Jon Kortajarena is GQ Germany's Model of the Year!
- "Jon Kortajarena, Prix Marie Claire Mejor Modelo Español". Marie Claire.
- Barker, Barbara (14 January 2010). "Rising Stars: Young Celebrities On Their Way Up". WWD. Fairchild Fashion Group. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- White, Belinda (6 August 2010). "Alexa Chung upstaged by M.O.M (model of the moment)". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Next goes continental for latest TV ad". Mad.co.uk. 10 September 2010. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- "Memo Pad: Lacoste's New Look... Hail, Mario Testino..." WWD. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- Odell, Amy (4 March 2011). "Anja Rubik Covers Spanish Vogue All Smoky-Eyed; Martin Margiela Launches Fragrance". New York Magazine. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Cavalli, Roberto (27 June 2011). "Roberto Cavalli Man Spring Summer 2012 Fashion Show". Youtube. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Roberto Cavalli Tweet".
- Carl (18 May 2011). "Q&A Exclusive: Jon Kortajarena for David Yurman Fall 2011 Campaign". The Fashionisto. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Segura, Aurora (17 April 2011). "Jon Kortajarena". Magazine. Archived from the original on 19 April 2011. Retrieved 20 April 2011.
- MONTES-FERNÁNDEZ, JESÚS MARÍA (20 August 2009). "Jon Kortajarena: "El flequillo es mérito de mi madre, que es peluquera"". El Mundo. Unidad Editorial Internet, S.L. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- Hernandez, Clara (26 April 2010). "Jon Kortajarena: un hombre soltero... pero únicamente porque él quiere". 20 minutos. Multiprensa & Mas S.L. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Luke Evans splits from Jon Kortajarena - Times of India". The Times of India. 29 January 2017. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jon Kortajarena.|