October 29, 1975
Summit, New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Notable works||The Hangover (2009)|
The Change-Up (2011)
Jonathan Lucas (born October 29, 1975) is an American film director and screenwriter. He is best known for his collaborative work with Scott Moore, which includes The Hangover, 21 & Over and Bad Moms.
Life and career
He is a graduate of Yale University as well as an alumnus of Pingry School. He started working as an assistant for screenwriter Daniel Petrie, Jr. in the '90s along with Scott Moore, who would become his longtime writing partner.
The first script Lucas and Moore ever wrote together was Flypaper, although the movie didn't get made until 2011. In addition, they both worked on providing uncredited rewrites on Wedding Crashers, 27 Dresses, Chicken Little, Monster-in-Law, and Mr. Woodcock.
In 2005 and 2007, they were hired to write the screenplays for the family comedies Rebound and Full of It. They also participated on the screenplay for the holiday comedy Four Christmases in 2008. The following year, they wrote the successful romantic comedy Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. However, their breakthrough success came with The Hangover, which became the highest-grossing R-rated comedy in the United States at the time. The movie spawned two sequels but did not include involvement by Lucas and Moore. Due to the success of The Hangover, the duo penned another R-rated comedy: the 2011 film, The Change-Up.
In 2013, Lucas and Moore made their co-directorial debuts with the comedy film, 21 & Over. In October 2012, they sold to ABC a pilot for a new comedy show named Mixology, which follows five guys and five girls "trying to find love at a trendy Manhattan bar," all over the course of a single night. The show was picked up to series on May 2013 and premiered on ABC on February 26, 2014, but was cancelled after only one season.
|2007||Full of It||No||Yes|
|2009||Ghosts of Girlfriends Past||No||Yes|
|The Hangover||No||Yes||Nominated- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay|
|2011||The Hangover Part II||No||Yes||Original characters|
|2013||21 & Over||Yes||Yes||Directorial Debut|
|The Hangover Part III||No||Yes||Original characters|
|2016||Bad Moms||Yes||Yes||People's Choice Award for Best Comedy|
|Office Christmas Party||No||Story|
|2017||A Bad Moms Christmas||Yes||Yes|
- 2014: Mixology (co-creator)
- "TV Listings: Find Local TV Listings for your favorite Channels, TV Shows and Movies- Zap2it". Movies.zap2it.com. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (23 October 2012). "Comedy From 'Hangover' Writers Jon Lucas And Scott Moore Lands At ABC As Put Pilot". Deadline.com. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 19, 2013). "ABC Releases Midseason Schedule: 'Betrayal' in Limbo, 'Revenge' Moves to 10PM, + 'Suburgatory' Premieres January 15". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (May 8, 2014). "ABC Cancels Freshman Comedies 'Trophy Wife,' 'Mixology'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|