|Birth name||Jonathan Thomas Phillip|
|Born||May 18, 1979|
|Origin||Kenosha, Wisconsin, US|
|Genres||Americana, rock, punk rock, country, power pop|
|Instruments||Drums, bass guitar, guitar, vocals|
|Associated acts||Limbeck, Tommy Stinson, the Paul Collins Beat, Obsoletes, Ben Weasel, Trapper Schoepp & The Shades, Joseph Huber, The Benjamins, Shaft, Tralfez, Spank Child, Josh Berwanger Chris Mills|
|C&C Custum Drums • Luan Mahogany & 60's Vintage Ludwig Drums|
Jon Phillip (born May 18, 1979 in Kenosha, Wisconsin) is an American musician, sober living enthusiast, and record collector. He currently lives in Nashville, TN and is the drummer for Josh Berwanger of the Anniversary. On and off over the last 5 years he has spent time recording and touring with Tommy Stinson, the Paul Collins Beat, and Trapper Schoepp & The Shades. He spent much of the mid-2000s playing drums for the now-defunct California-based twangy rock band Limbeck. He has also played in Drive-Thru Records' power-pop band The Benjamins, The Obsoletes, Ben Weasel & His Carnegie Bandsmen, Shaft, and a punk band in high school called Tralfez.
Phillip was nominated for the Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI) award for 2012 Drummer of the Year, but lost to the drummer of the award show's house band. Investigation is underway.
JP played drums for Josh Berwanger on a Midwest tour in Spring 2014. In June, September, and October 2014, he toured the U.S. with the Paul Collins Beat. In January 2015, he joined Trapper Schoepp & The Shades on drums for a west coast tour opening for The Jayhawks.
- The Benjamins • The Art of Disappointment • Drive-Thru Records • 2001
- Limbeck • Hey, Everything's Fine. • Doghouse Records • 2003
- Obsoletes • Is This Progress? • 1-4-5 Records • 2004
- Nob Dylan & His Nobsoletes • 12 Positively Stiff Dylans • Alternative Tentacles • 2005
- Limbeck • Limbeck • Doghouse Records • 2007
- Ben Weasel • The Brain That Wouldn't Die • Asian Man Records • 2009
- Trapper Schoepp & The Shades • Run, Engine, Run • SideOneDummy Records/Good Land Records • 2012
- Limbeck • Already Gone b/w Skyway (SideOneDummy Records • Good Land Records) • 2012
- Frankie Lee • "Times Like This" from Rockin' Here Tonight, the Songs For Slim CD compilation • New West Records • 2013
- Limbeck • "Sound Of Running" from "While No One Was Looking", Toasting 20 Years of Bloodshot Records CD compilation • Bloodshot Records • 2013
- The Benjamins • "Back on Track EP" • Good Land Records • 2014
- Dwight Twilley/Josh Berwanger • "Shooting Stars b/w Some Other Guy" • Good Land Records • 2015
- Trolley • "Caught In The Darkness" • Easter Records • • Sugarbush Records •2016
- Trapper Schoepp • "Rangers & Valentines" • Xtra Mile Recordings • 2016
- Berwanger • "Exorcism Rock" • Doghouse Records • 2016
- Limbeck at AllMusic.com. "Limbeck at AllMusic.com", AllMusic.com'Retrieved on 2011-03-07.
- http://www.avclub.com/milwaukee/articles/new-bar-new-shows-and-a-new-way-to-mock-ron-johnso,46937/ Archived November 7, 2010, on Wayback Machine.