Jonathan Andrew Pritikin
February 26, 1973
Rockford, Illinois, United States
|Known for||2x Guinness World Record holder|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.9m)|
|Spouse||Rhonda (m. 1995)|
Jon Pritikin (born February 26, 1973) is an American strongman and motivational speaker.
Early life and education
Pritikin was born in Rockford, Illinois to a Jewish family, Andrew and Nancy (née Kunz) Pritikin.
Pritikin had speech and learning disabilities as a child. Placed in special education in first grade, he was bullied and abused by schoolmates and neighborhood children, and has said he had no friends.
In 1994, Pritikin co-founded a nonprofit organization, Feel The Power, which produces an anti-bullying assembly for elementary, middle, and high school students. The assembly consists of motivational speaking and a presentation of Pritikin's physical strength through various strongman exercises. His message focuses on the long term effects of bullying and the importance of accepting others. In 2008, Pritikin became involved in an anti-steroid program known as S.W.A.T.S., which is an acronym for Sports With Alternatives to Steroids. As of 2021, Pritikin has spoken to more than 10 million students in 60 nations. In October 2021, Pritikin released his first book titled Feel The Power: A Survivor's Guide to Happiness.
Pritikin broke and set two Guinness World Records for "the tightest circumference of two aluminum frying pans rolled together with his bare hands in less than 30 seconds.” The frying pans were 30 cm (12 in) and he broke the record at Rectory Road Park in Sittingbourne, Kent, UK on July 11, 2007.
- Socha, Evamarie (December 3, 2010). "Open eyes and minds". The Daily Item. Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Moore, Mike (April 19, 2010). "Strength from within: Speaker shows off physical prowess, urges another kind". The Journal Times. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Strength comes in many packages, students told". The Carmi Times. February 15, 2011. Archived from the original on July 24, 2012. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Niederberger, Mary (October 9, 2008). "Strongman urges end to bullying in schools". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Urban, Kelly (September 2, 2009). "Bodybuilder urges kids to build character". The Tribune Democrat. Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Testimonials". Antisteroidprogram.com. Archived from the original on December 30, 2010. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- World record holder shares strength with Merced kids at Merced Sun Star; published June 29, 2016; retrieved August 22, 2021
- Turnbull, Jessica (November 19, 2009). "Guinness record-holder tells students to be strong against bullies". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Archived from the original on November 27, 2009. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Brian DeNeal (February 4, 2011). "Jon Pritikin to bring anti-bullying message to area schools". The Daily Register. Harrisburg, Illinois. Retrieved February 5, 2012.