August 1, 1986 |
Arlington, TX, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)|
|NHL Draft||145th overall, 2006
Jonathan Williamson Rheault (born August 1, 1986) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for EHC Visp in the Swiss National League B (NLB). Rheault was born in Arlington, Texas, but grew up in Deering, New Hampshire.
Rheault attended Providence College from 2004 to 2008 and was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 5th round (145th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. Coming out of college, he played his first games as a professional hockey player with AHL's Manchester Monarchs. He also spent time with the Ontario Reign of the East Coast Hockey League and on June 16, 2010, he was signed as a free agent by the Abbotsford Heat. After two successful seasons with the Heat in the AHL, Rheault was signed to a one-year NHL contract with the Florida Panthers of the NHL on July 2, 2012.
With the 2012 NHL lockout in affect, Rheault was directly assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage to begin the 2012–13 season. In producing 37 points through 50 games with the Rampage, Rheault received his first NHL recall by the Panthers on March 5, 2013. He made his long awaited NHL debut that night, in a 4-1 home victory over the Winnipeg Jets.
On July 2, 2013, Rheault signed his first European contract with German club Adler Mannheim. During his three-year stint at Mannheim, he won the German championship in 2015. As a member of the Adler squad, he competed in the German top-flight Deutsche Eishockey Liga, the Champions Hockey League and the 2015 Spengler Cup.
|2012–13||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||67||20||28||48||40||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Monarchs Release Rheault". kings.nhl.com. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Triumph Books. p. 327. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
- "Panthers agree to one-year, two way contract with Jon Rheault". Florida Panthers. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-07-02.
- "Rheault recalled by Panthers". American Hockey League. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Huberdeau converts on penalty shot in Panthers win over Jets". The Sports Network. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Eagles commit to Jon Rheault" (in German). Adler Mannheim. 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- AG, EHC Visp Sport. "Jon Rheault zum EHC Visp". www.ehc-visp.ch. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Jon Rheault's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Jon Rheault's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|