Sciambi in 2008
|Occupation||Baseball play-by-play announcer, television personality|
Jon "Boog" Sciambi (//; born April 11, 1970) is an American sportscaster for ESPN. He has worked extensively as a baseball play-by-play announcer, calling games for ESPN television and on ESPN Radio. Sciambi's nickname, "Boog," was given to him owing to his physical resemblance to former major league player Boog Powell.
Born in Philadelphia, Sciambi grew up on Roosevelt Island in New York City. He is a graduate of Regis High School in New York City and Boston College. As Sciambi attended Boston College, he began his sportscasting experience on WZBC, the school's 1000-watt FM radio station broadcasting to the Greater Boston area. Classmates and fellow broadcasters at WZBC included Joe Tessitore and Bob Wischusen, both of whom also went on to become successful sports announcers.
Sciambi was the play-by-play announcer for the Atlanta Braves on SportSouth and FSN South from 2007 to 2009. He was paired with Joe Simpson. Late in the 2009 season, it was announced that Sciambi would be leaving the Braves and joining ESPN's Major League Baseball and college basketball coverage full-time.
He formerly worked in South Florida sports radio on 790 The Ticket. Sciambi left the radio show on April 4, 2008 to focus on broadcasting for the Atlanta Braves. Prior to being on 790, Sciambi was a talk show host on WQAM for several years.
- Major League Baseball "Braves name new TV broadcast team" 20 December 2006
- Brown, David (May 18, 2018). "AA Q&A: Jon Sciambi talks baseball, redheads, the ESPN TV job he didn't get and the ALS charity he helped to start". Awful Announcing. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- Finn, Chad (November 30, 2012). "Broadcasters found their voices at BC". The Boston Globe. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Rogers, Carroll. "Jon "Boog" Sciambi leaving Braves TV broadcast booth". ajc.com. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Jon Sciambi". espnmediazone.com. ESPN MediaZone. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- The Ticket shuffles lineup - 28 March 2008 - MiamiHerald.com