Early life and education
He was born in Worcester and was a pupil at the Royal Grammar School, Worcester which he attended from 1982 until 1989. He worked in several jobs before enrolling at Cheltenham in 1992 for a teaching degree, which he completed in 1996.
Jon has an older brother, Richard, who is also a qualified teacher and has worked abroad.
Between 1996 and 1999, he taught at Cotwall End Primary School in Sedgley, West Midlands, in the junior department of the school. He then spent a year teaching at an English private school in Dubai, and a very short spell teaching in Greece, before returning to England and becoming a consultant with RM Computers. It was soon after this that he also began his writing career.
He lives in Kidderminster, Worcestershire, with his wife Helen. They have been married since 1999, and were first engaged in 1991. He has a daughter, Seren, who was born in May 2010, and a son, Sonny, who was born in February 2015.
- "Tell me a story". Newsquest Media Group. 2004-03-11. Retrieved 2006-06-25.[dead link]
- Turley, Jon. The children are revolting. Stourbridge : Robinswood, 2003. 289 p.; 20 cm. ISBN 1-869981-77-4
- Turley, Jon. Empty pages. Stourbridge : Robinswood, 2003. 193 p.; 20 cm. ISBN 1-869981-79-0
- Tim. "Review of "The Children are Revolting"". Books for 10-15 year old readers by 10-15 year old reviewers. cool-reads.co.uk. Archived from the original on 20 December 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- "Summary and commentary of "Empty Pages"". Robinswood Press. 2006. Retrieved 2006-06-25.[permanent dead link]
- "Robinswood Press to publish four books by Jon Turley". M2 Best Books. 2003-04-30. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
|This article about a children's author from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|