Jon Walker at the Beat Kitchen, Chicago, 5/21/2011.
|Birth name||Jonathan Jacob Walker|
|Born||September 17, 1985|
|Origin||Hanover Park, Illinois, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Associated acts||The Young Veins, Panic! at the Disco|
Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Jonathan Jacob "Jon" Walker (born September 17, 1985) is an American musician. Formerly the bassist of Panic! at the Disco, Walker was lead guitarist and occasional lead vocalist of The Young Veins, now on indefinite hiatus. Having went on the release several solo recordings, he is now mostly songwriting and producing.
Walker attended Bartlett High School in suburban Chicago and first became known in the Chicago scene in 2003 when he was just 17 years old  as the replacement bass player for 504Plan. The band broke up soon after he joined, and Walker then toured with The Academy Is... as a guitar tech and a videographer. Walker joined Panic! in May 2006, replacing former bassist Brent Wilson. At the time he joined, he was (at age 20) the oldest of the band members. Walker was with Panic! when they won the video of the year award at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards for their song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", although he had not recorded the song with the band nor did he appear in the video. He co-wrote and released one studio album with the band, Pretty. Odd., and one live album, ...Live in Chicago.
In July 2009, he and fellow band member Ryan Ross left Panic! citing creative differences and formed another band, The Young Veins. The Young Veins completed two tours in 2010, one with Foxy Shazam and one with Rooney. On December 10, 2010, Walker announced via Twitter that The Young Veins would be on hiatus, later noting in interviews that the creative and personal differences of the past carried over to the new project.
Since then, he has self-released a solo EP entitled Home Recordings in January 2011, a full-length album called New Songs in October 2011, a second EP, Crazy Dream EP, in November 2012 , The Connections LP in January 2014, and Real Life EP released October 2015 are all currently available for free download from his official website.
With Panic! at the Disco
With The Young Veins
- 2010 – Take a Vacation!
- 2011 – Home Recordings (EP)
- 2011 – New Songs
- 2012 – Crazy Dream (EP)
- 2014 – Connections
- 2015 – Real Life (EP)
- "504 Plan biography". Artistwiki.com. 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- Who are Panic! at the Disco?, BBC News, September 1, 2006.
- Panic Embraces '70s On New Disc, Tampa Tribune, April 18, 2008.
- A sudden Panic! has hit the world, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, December 1, 2006.
- Former Panic! At The Disco Members Become The Young Veins, MTV, July 28, 2009.
- Ex-Panic! At the Disco Members Will Embrace Beach Boys, Kinks, Rolling Stone, July 14, 2009.
- Twitter announcement, Jon Walker, 2010-12-10.
- Keltie Colleen (2011-06-27). "Jon Walker Explains Leaving Panic! At The Disco and New Solo Songs". Keltiecolleen.buzznet.com. Retrieved 2011-09-15.