This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jon James Lamont Whiteley
19 February 1945
Whiteley appeared in five films during his brief acting career, and it was for the second of these, The Kidnappers (US: The Little Kidnappers, 1953) that he, along with co-star Vincent Winter, was awarded an Academy Juvenile Award for this film. He appeared in only three more films, including The Spanish Gardener (1956), before his film acting career was effectively put on hold when his mother insisted on him passing the Eleven plus exam. After appearing twice more for TV credits, his acting career ended.
Whiteley is now a respected art historian at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England. He wrote his doctorate on the French painter Paul Delaroche. He has catalogued all the French Drawings in the Ashmolean, and authored and co-authored several books on artists including Ingres, Puvis de Chavannes and Claude Lorrain. He published a book on the Ashmolean's Stringed Instruments in 2009, and is working on a catalogue of the later French paintings in the Museum.
|1952||Hunted||Robbie||aka The Stranger in Between (USA)|
|1953||The Kidnappers (US: The Little Kidnappers)||Harry||Academy Juvenile Award|
|1956||The Spanish Gardener||Nicholas Brande|
|The Weapon||Erik Jenner|
|1957||The Adventures of Robin Hood||Davey||Episode - The Christmas Goose|
|1966||Jericho||Louis Mordain||Episode - Wall to Wall Kaput|
- Jon Whiteley (1 March 2004), The Ashmolean Museum: Complete Illustrated Catalogue of Paintings, Ashmolean Museum, ISBN 978-1854441874
- Jon Whiteley (1 January 1989), Oxford and the Pre-Raphaelites, Ashmolean Handbooks (second ed.), Ashmolean Museum, ISBN 978-0907849940
- Jon Whiteley (July 1979), 19th Century European Drawings in the Ashmolean Museum, Ashmolean Museum, ISBN 978-0900090622
- Jon Whiteley (31 January 2011), Lucien Pissarro in England: The Eragny Press 1895-1914, Ashmolean Museum, ISBN 978-1854442536
- Jon Whiteley (28 December 2011), Claude Lorrain and the Poetry of Landscape, Lund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Jon Whiteley (June 1977), Ingres, Hippocrene Books, ISBN 978-0846702498
- "Maison Française d'Oxford". 18 July 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2018.