|Birth name||Jonah Placid|
|Date of birth||14 May 1995|
|Place of birth||Orange, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11+1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||97 kg (15 st 4 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Jonah Placid (born 14 May 1995) is an Australian rugby union player who currently plays as a fullback for the Rebels in Super Rugby. Domestically, he plays for Easts in the Queensland Premier Rugby tournament.
Born in New South Wales, but raised in Rockhampton, Queensland, Placid first came to prominence playing for Easts Tigers and he helped them win the 2013 Queensland Premier Rugby Title. This saw him named in the Queensland Reds wider training squad for the 2014 Super Rugby season. Although this was largely a development contract and he seemed unlikely to be given any game time during the campaign, an injury crisis saw him make his Super Rugby debut as a second-half replacement against the Western Force on 5 April 2014. It was to prove an unhappy debut as his side went down to 32-29 defeat and he himself had to be substituted with a chest injury following a heavy collision with Force fullback Jayden Hayward.
Placid played a starring role for the Australian Schoolboys during their successful 2012 season. This included playing a part in his team´s historic victory away to New Zealand, only the second time they´d ever won on the other side of the Tasman. As a reward he was selected for the Australia Under-20 side which competed in the 2013 IRB Junior World Championship in France.
Super Rugby statistics
- As of 14 September 2017
- "Jayden Hayward helps Western Force continue on winning way in Super Rugby victory over Queensland Reds". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Jonah Placid Player Statistics". itsrugby. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Australia Under 20 Media Guide" (PDF). Rugby Australia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 January 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Queensland Reds team to play Brumbies". rupa.com.au. Rugby Union Players' Association. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Reds vs Force 5 April 2014 Match Breakdown". SA Rugby. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Jonah Placid IRB JWC Player Profile". IRB.com. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.