Jonah Sharp alias Spacetime Continuum is a producer, remixer, and DJ of electronic music. After starting his musical career as a jazz drummer in London, UK, he moved to San Francisco, United States. During the 1990s Sharp released a series of albums on the Astralwerks record label. The first of these, entitled Alien Dreamtime, featured a live recording of ethnobotanist, writer and psychedelic researcher Terence McKenna delivering a series of lectures to the accompaniment of Spacetime Continuum music. Sharp's subsequent albums combined experimental electronic music with subtle jazz elements and elaborate rhythm structures. His work has had a clear influence on contemporary psybient artists, such as Shpongle and others.
Jonah Sharp has also released collaborations with Tetsu Inoue, Bill Laswell, Mixmaster Morris, Pete Namlook, David Moufang, and Plaid. He has remixed songs from Nine Inch Nails, Meat Beat Manifesto, Ponga, Teknostep, Susumu Yokota, and Matt Herbert. He has produced songs for Ursula Rucker and Paradise Boys.
Discography (as Spacetime Continuum)
- Flurescence (1992)
- Alien Dreamtime (with Terence McKenna) (1993)
- Sea Biscuit (1994)
- Emit Ecaps (1996)
- Remit Recaps (remixes) (1996)
- Real Time (1997)
- Double Fine Zone (1999)
- Strauss, Neil (4 January 1995). "Critic's Notebook: Dance music for the immobile". New York Times.
- Chonin, Neva (26 February 2002). "Club kids tell their stories at monthly Bored collective". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- Sterling, Bruce (6 February 2007). "RE/SEARCH, that unique, time-honored service from San Francisco's Bohemia". Wired. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Nine Inch Nails get worked over". MTV.com. 14 May 1997. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- Keast, Darrin; Tim Pratt (3 January 2002). "Hangover Records". Miami New Times. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- Biography on Reflective Records
- Official MySpace page
- Jonah Sharp releases at Discogs
- Spacetime Continuum releases at Discogs
|This article on an American electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|