The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jonas Bevacqua (October 23, 1977 – May 30, 2011) was an American clothing designer and entrepreneur.
Jonas Gregory Bevacqua was born October 23, 1977, and was adopted into a family with six other adopted children of different races and ethnicities. He is of Vietnamese descent according to the Orange County Register reported in 2009.
After Bevacqua dropped out of college and moved back home with his parents, he met fellow LRG founder Robert Wright when they were both working as DJs in Southern California clubs. Heavily influenced by Southern California's skateboard, surfing, and hip hop culture; Bevacqua and Wright started designing and making clothes that reflected their interests but were not available at the time.
Jonas Bevacqua was found dead at his Laguna Beach home on May 31, 2011. He was 33 years old. In November 2011 Orange County Coroner's Office determined that Jonas Bevacqua died of natural causes.
Bevacqua is survived by his fiancee, son, parents and seven siblings.
- Robert J. Lopez (June 1, 2011). "Jonas Bevacqua dies at 33; co-founder of hip-hop fashion house LRG". Los Angeles Times.
- Douglas Martin (June 1, 2011). "Jonas Bevacqua, Co-Founder of LRG Clothing, Dies at 33". The New York Times.
- JOHN ROGERS (May 31, 2011). "Jonas Bevacqua Dead: LRG Clothing Founder Dies At 34". Huffington Post.
- LRG Clothing (June 1, 2011). "Jonas Gregory Bevacqua "visionary"". Facebook.
- Vickie Chang (9 November 2011). "[UPDATE: Died of Natural Causes] Jonas Bevacqua, Co-Founder of LRG Clothing, Found Dead". OC Weekly blog. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- Vickie Chang (May 31, 2011). "[UPDATED With Official Statement] Jonas Bevacqua, Co-Founder of LRG Clothing, Found Dead". OC Weekly.
|This article about an American person related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|