Jonas performing with Mew in Singapore in 2017
|Born||21 September 1976|
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Lead Singer, Visual Artist, Composer|
|Associated acts||Mew, Apparatjik, Diamonds for Eyes|
Jonas Bjerre Terkelsbøl (born 21 September 1976) is the lead singer of Danish rock band Mew. Jonas Bjerre is also a visual artist and creates animated videos for Mew's live shows. He has an unusually high pitched voice, which has helped contribute to Mew's unique sound, and earned him a Danish Music Award for Danish Male Singer in 2006. He went to school at the international school of Bernadotteskolen and was a student of Aurehøj Amtsgymnasium.
Jonas is also in a band called Apparatjik consisting of himself, Guy Berryman of Coldplay, Magne Furuholmen of A-ha and Martin Terefe. Apparatjik was originally formed to write and record a song for a charity album called Songs for Survival linked with the BBC Documentary called Amazon with Bruce Parry. Their contribution to the album became the main theme for the television series. Since then, Apparatjik have expanded into the field of art, exhibiting visual arts and performing inside a glass cube at various galleries and art festivals. In 2010 they released the album We Are Here via their official website, and later, in June 2010, through iTunes.
Outside of band commitments, Jonas has also recorded songs and written scores for films. In 2011, Bjerre composed the soundtrack for the movie Skyscraper by Rune Schjøtt. The music was released on the album Songs and Music from the Movie Skyscraper.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|1997||A Triumph for Man
|2000||Half the World Is Watching Me
|2005||And the Glass Handed Kites
|2009||No More Stories...1
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
1 The name in its entirety is: No More Stories / Are Told Today / I'm Sorry / They Washed Away // No More Stories / The World Is Grey / I'm Tired / Let's Wash Away.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2010||We Are Here||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012||Square Peg in a Round Hole
|2012||If You Can, Solve This Jumble (with Lowell)
As Jonas Bjerre, solo-project
Skyscraper - Skyskraber - (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1699233/) (2011)
- Jeg er nok ikke specielt macho. Portræt / interview : Jonas Bjerre Ekstra Bladet | 29.01.2006 | 1. sektion | Side 30
- Klassens kreative drenge Berlingske Tidende | 23.03.2003 | 2 Sektion, MAGASIN | Side 10
- Hvem vil ikke gerne være kat? Interview: Jonas Bjerre, Mew Politiken | 22.03.2003 | Kultur | Side 1 |
- "Denmark: search - Mew albums". danishcharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Finland: search - Mew albums". finnishcharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Norway: search - Mew albums". norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Sweden: search - Mew albums". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "UK Chartlog : M : M – My Vitriol". zobbel.de. Archived from the original on 21 July 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "UK Chartlog: CLUK Update 5.09.2009 (wk35)". zobbel.de. Retrieved 3 September 2009.
- "ＭＥＷのCDアルバムランキング、ＭＥＷのプロフィールならオリコン芸能人事典-ORICON STYLE". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Heatseekers Albums, September 12, 2009". Billboard. Note: the Billboard 200 position is listed under "Also Charted On". 3 September 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2009. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Guld og platin i august" (in Danish). IFPI Danmark. Archived from the original on 17 January 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Guld og platin i marts" (in Danish). IFPI Danmark. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Album Top-40". Hitlisten (in Danish). IFPI Danmark & Nielsen Music Control. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Apparatjik". Theoutland.com. Archived from the original on 5 February 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Coplan, Chris (2 February 2010). "Consequence of Sound". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Coldplay side-project Apparatjik announce free EP details". Nme.Com. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonas Bjerre.|