|Born||21 September 1976|
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Lead Singer, Visual Artist, Composer|
|Associated acts||Mew, Apparatjik, Diamonds for Eyes, Tachys|
Jonas Bjerre Terkelsbøl (born 21 September 1976) is a musician and visual artist from Copenhagen, Denmark, best known as the lead singer of Danish rock band Mew. Bjerre creates animated videos for Mew's live shows. He has an unusually high pitched voice, which has helped contribute to Mew's unique sound, and earned him a Danish Music Award for Danish Male Singer in 2006. He went to school at the international school of Bernadotteskolen and was a student of Aurehøj Amtsgymnasium.
Bjerre is also in a band called Apparatjik consisting of himself, Guy Berryman of Coldplay, Magne Furuholmen of A-ha and Martin Terefe. Apparatjik was originally formed to write and record a song for a charity album called Songs for Survival linked with the BBC Documentary called Amazon with Bruce Parry. Their contribution to the album became the main theme for the television series. Since then, Apparatjik have expanded into the field of art, exhibiting visual arts and performing inside a glass cube at various galleries and art festivals. In 2010 they released the album We Are Here via their official website, and later, in June 2010, through iTunes.
In 2021 Jonas Bjerre announced a new collaboration with musician and producer Tobias Wilner called Tachys. They released their first single When The World Wakes Up in June 2021.
Outside of band commitments, Bjerre has also recorded songs and written scores for films and television. In 2011, Bjerre composed the soundtrack for the movie Skyscraper by Rune Schjøtt. The music was released on the album Songs and Music from the Movie Skyscraper. In 2020 Jonas composed and recorded the music for the tv series Scandinavian Star and released the score as a soundtrack album.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|1997||A Triumph for Man
|2000||Half the World Is Watching Me
|2005||And the Glass Handed Kites
|2009||No More Stories...1
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
1 The name in its entirety is: No More Stories / Are Told Today / I'm Sorry / They Washed Away // No More Stories / The World Is Grey / I'm Tired / Let's Wash Away.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2010||We Are Here||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012||Square Peg in a Round Hole
|2012||If You Can, Solve This Jumble (with Lowell)
- Vi Der Blev Tilbage (We Who Stayed Behind) (2008)
- Girl In The Water (2011)
- Bosporus (2011)
- Skyscraper - Skyskraber (2011)
- Scandinavian Star (2020)
|2012||In My Mind I Am Free||Blue Foundation||Vocals and music on "Fundamental". Vocals on "Ground Control".|
|In My Mind I Am Free Reconstructed||Blue Foundation||Remix of "Dressed in Black".|
|2014||Work||Silo||Vocals on "O"|
|2014||The Golden Echo (Deluxe Version)||Kimbra||Vocals on "The Magic Hour"|
|2015||Paper Gods||Duran Duran||Vocals and guitar on "Change the Skyline"|
|2016||Blood Moon||Blue Foundation||Vocals on "Lost Girl"|
|2019||Nothing Is Something||Carly Paradis||Vocals on "The Crushing Weight Of History"|
|2020||Womb||Purity Ring||Vocals on "Peacefall"|
|2021||You||RAC||Vocals on "Feel You"|
|2021||Cold||Molina||Vocals on "Cold"|
- Jeg er nok ikke specielt macho. Portræt / interview : Jonas Bjerre Ekstra Bladet | 29.01.2006 | 1. sektion | Side 30
- Klassens kreative drenge Berlingske Tidende | 23.03.2003 | 2 Sektion, MAGASIN | Side 10
- Hvem vil ikke gerne være kat? Interview: Jonas Bjerre, Mew Politiken | 22.03.2003 | Kultur | Side 1 |
- "Jonas Bjerre - IMDb". imdb.com.
- "Denmark: search - Mew albums". danishcharts.dk. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Finland: search - Mew albums". finnishcharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Norway: search - Mew albums". norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Sweden: search - Mew albums". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "UK Chartlog : M : M – My Vitriol". zobbel.de. Archived from the original on 21 July 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "UK Chartlog: CLUK Update 5.09.2009 (wk35)". zobbel.de. Retrieved 3 September 2009.
- "ＭＥＷのCDアルバムランキング、ＭＥＷのプロフィールならオリコン芸能人事典-ORICON STYLE". Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Heatseekers Albums, September 12, 2009". Billboard. Note: the Billboard 200 position is listed under "Also Charted On". 3 September 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2009.
- "Guld og platin i august" (in Danish). IFPI Danmark. Archived from the original on 17 January 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Guld og platin i marts" (in Danish). IFPI Danmark. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Album Top-40". Hitlisten (in Danish). IFPI Danmark & Nielsen Music Control. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Apparatjik". Theoutland.com. Archived from the original on 5 February 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Coplan, Chris (2 February 2010). "Consequence of Sound". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Coldplay side-project Apparatjik announce free EP details". Nme.Com. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "In My Mind I Am Free - Blue Foundation - Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Joe Banks (13 May 2014). "The Quietus - Reviews - Solo". The Quietus. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- James Rettig (18 March 2020). "Purity Ring – "peacefall" & "pink lightning"". Stereogum. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonas Bjerre.|