12 July 1993|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
10th overall, 2011|
Jonas Brodin (born 12 July 1993) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted tenth overall by the Wild in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Born in Karlstad, he was raised in Edsvalla.
On 3 November 2012, during the 2012–13 NHL lockout, Brodin made his debut with the Wild's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate at the time, the Houston Aeros. In the game, as Brodin went into his defensive zone to retrieve the puck, Oklahoma City Barons forward Taylor Hall checked Brodin and broke his clavicle. The hit sidelined him for 11 weeks; Hall was given a five-minute major and game misconduct for intent to injure, although he received no further discipline. After the injury healed enough, Brodin was called-up to make his NHL debut against the Detroit Red Wings on 25 January 2013, where he skated 19:05 and earned his first point, an assist, in the Wild's 5–3 defeat.
Brodin skated in 45 games in his rookie season, mostly being paired with Ryan Suter. This duo became one of the top pairings with the Wild. On 14 March 2013, Brodin scored his first NHL goal, on Semyon Varlamov of the Colorado Avalanche; his parents were in attendance to see it. Brodin led all rookies in time on ice and tallied 2 goals and 9 assists for 11 points in his rookie year. He barely missed being named a finalist for the Calder Memorial Trophy for the NHL's best rookie. He has been praised by teammates, fans and opponents for playing very poised and playing a calm style of hockey, and his defensive partner Suter has said that Brodin plays like a 30-year-old veteran that has been around the league for 10 years.
In his sophomore season, Brodin played 79 games, and increased his point total to 19 points, with 8 goals and 11 assists.
On 12 October 2014, the Wild signed Brodin to a six-year, $25 million contract extension.
Regular season and playoffs
|World Junior Championships|
|IIHF World U18 Championships|
Awards and honours
- Glen Andresen (12 July 2011). "Wild Inks Brodin to Entry-Level deal". Minnesota Wild. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Chris Peters (14 August 2014). "Core Values: Zach Parise, Ryan Suter helped Wild change course". cbssports.com. CBS Sports. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "Three goal second period lifts Wild over Avs". Minnesota Wild. 14 March 2013. Archived from the original on 20 March 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Wild sign defensman Brodin to six-year extension". NHL. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Minnesota Wild first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|