Rivera in May 2009 promoting Up
Jonas H. Rivera
May 2, 1971
|Alma mater||San Francisco State University|
|Employer||Pixar Animation Studios (1994–present)|
|Up, Inside Out, Toy Story 4|
Jonas H. Rivera (born May 2, 1971) is an American film producer. He produced the animated films Up (2009), Inside Out (2015) and Toy Story 4 (2019), all of which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. Rivera is an alumnus of San Francisco State University and has worked with Pixar Animation Studios since 1994.
Rivera was born and raised in Castro Valley, California. As a boy, he wanted to become an animator, but according to him, he could not draw: "I was a terrible artist, and I still am." Rivera graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Film Production.
In 1994, in the last year of making Toy Story, he joined Pixar as their first production intern: "I saw Luxo Jr. in a class and liked it so much I cold-called Pixar." Since then he worked on almost every Pixar film, at first as a coordinator and manager. In 2009, as the producer of Up, he received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Rivera also produced Inside Out (2015) and Toy Story 4, both of which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
During the making of the first Toy Story, he was collecting things used in the production of the movie, a collection which would eventually be known as the Pixar Archives, now counting thousands of objects and stored in a climate-controlled building. He was inspired by Disney, which also saved objects from the studio productions.
- Toy Story (1995) – Production office assistant
- A Bug's Life (1998) – Art department coordinator
- Toy Story 2 (1999) – Marketing and creative resources coordinator
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) – Art department manager
- Cars (2006) – Production manager, voice of "Boost"
- Up (2009) – Producer - nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture
- George and A.J. (2009) (short film) - Executive Producer
- Inside Out (2015) – Producer - winner of the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature
- Riley's First Date? (2015) – Executive Producer
- Toy Story 4 (2019) – Producer - winner of the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature
- "Jonas H Rivera, Born 05/02/1971 in California". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. Retrieved January 29, 2020.
- Hartlaub, Peter (March 6, 2010). "Q&A: "Up" producer and Oscar nominee Jonas Rivera". SFGate. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Jonas Rivera". Pixar Weekend. Archived from the original on January 31, 2013. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Hartlaub, Peter (March 6, 2010). "'Up' producer Jonas Rivera dreams of Oscar". SFGate. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Kiefer, Jonathan (June 2006). "Pixar at Twenty". Diablo Magazine. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "The 82nd Academy Awards (2010) Nominees and Winners". The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. March 7, 2010. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Jonas Rivera - Awards". IMDB.com. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Here's What You'll Find Inside The Secret, Climate-Controlled Pixar Archives
- Disney Pixar (August 27, 2014). "A pitcher-perfect family at this weekend's Oakland A's game. Producer Jonas Rivera, his wife Michele, their son William, and the A's mascot Stomper the Elephant were all there to celebrate Jonas throwing the first pitch". Instagram. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Jonas Rivera". IMDB.com. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Kenny, Mary (April 18, 2016). "Oscar-winning producer Jonas Rivera to be SF State Commencement speaker". SF State News. Retrieved September 19, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jonas Rivera.|
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|