|Advisor President of Israel|
April 2008 – January 2011
|Born||February 12, 1982|
|Alma mater||Singularity University|
Tel Aviv University
Open University of Israel
Jonathan Adiri studied at the Open University of Israel from the age of 14 and graduated in 2000 with a BA in Political Science and International Relations. Adiri earned his MA in Political Science and Law from Tel Aviv University. He graduated magna cum laude in 2006.
Public service career
From 2005-2008, Adiri was Senior Policy Consultant for the Reut Institute, where he focused on national security. Adiri was appointed the first Chief Technology Officer for an Israeli President under President Shimon Peres, from 2008 - 2011. During his tenure, he devised a policy of technological diplomacy, forging a set of global collaborations in the water, space, agro, and biomedical fields. These collaborations helped enhance Israeli technology exports by more than $3.3 billion. While serving as Chief Technology Officer for President Peres, Adiri was a member of the inaugural class of Singularity University, where he was elected class president. Adiri is a 2012 World Economic Forum Young Global Leader. He was a panelist on the 'Rebooting Healthcare' session at the 2016 conference in Davos and on the 'Combating Rising Insecurity and Inquality' discussion at the 2017 conference.
Adiri is the founder of Healthy.io, a digital healthcare start-up leveraging smartphone and cloud technology to offer access to the benefits of color-based healthcare and medical imaging. The app can help doctors diagnose patients using images from a smartphone. Healthy.io makes kits for home urine test for infections, chronic illnesses and pregnancy-related complications through a mobile app. Patients use their smartphone camera to scan a dipstick and the app uses computer vision and artificial intelligence algorithms to analyze chemical color changes. The company was identified as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer in 2016 and 2017 The international design firm Designit partnered with Healthy.io to host the first mobile healthcare design hackathon in January 2014.
Healthy.io won the Ciudad De Las Ideas Gift Citizen award in 2013. Adiri and Healthy.io were featured on two episodes of WIRED Magazine's docuseries 'Future Cities'; 'The innovation hubs of Tel Aviv & Ramallah' and 'The power of fantasy'. In June 2020 Healthy.io acquired the American startup inui Health, formerly known as Scanadu. In September 2020, Adiri was selected to Fortune Magazine's 40 Under 40 list.
- Terror in the Court: Counter-Terrorism and Judicial Power in the Israeli Case Study, Northwestern Interdisciplinary Law Review (Vol.1, 2008)
- Counter Terror Warfare: The Judicial Front, International Institute for Counter-Terrorism, 01/07/2005
- 5 Tips for Health-Tech Entrepreneurs, VentureBeat 01/10/2016
Awards and recognition
- Gifted Citizen Award, Ciudad De Las Ideas Conference 2013
- Davos World Economic Forum Young Global Leader 2012
- TIME Magazine's "The 50 Most Influential People in Health Care of 2018"
- Fortune Magazine's "40/40 in Healthcare 2020"
- The Israel Test: Why the World's Most Besieged State is a Beacon of Freedom and Hope for the World Economy, George Gilder
- Ahmed, Murad (2016-03-22). "Israel's medical pioneers treat depression with magnets". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- Reut Alumni Network
- "China's Leap Forward in Digital Medicine". BloombergView. 2015-03-30. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Greetings From Future Camp". Popular Science. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- שטרקמן, רותם (2009-06-26). "יהונתן אדירי רק בן 27 וכבר מייעץ לשמעון פרס: "בית הנשיא הוא כמו קרן הון סיכון"". TheMarker. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Singularity University Names Graduate Summer Program Students". Marketwire. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- Grimland, Guy (2010-08-13). "Singular Sensations". Haaretz. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Singularity University: the school for changing the world — in pictures". The Guardian. 2009-09-03. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "At Singularity University, tech is seen as savior". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- חרותי-סובר, טלי (2012-05-22). "טום פיטרס: "ג'ובס היה שמוק - לא ממליץ לאף מנהל לחקות אותו"". TheMarker. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Microsoft Ventures Academy". Meetup. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "What can technology do for global health?". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017 Programme" (PDF).
- "Healthy.IO". healthy.io. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- הירשאוגה, אור (2013-11-11). "OwnHealth של יהונתן אדירי ו-mirOculus זכו במקום הראשון בתחרות סטארט-אפים בד' אמריקה". TheMarker. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- Israeli app uses smartphone camera to make medical diagnoses
- "Why We Are So Optimistic About Israel". aleph.vc. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- Mobile Urinalysis Startup Healthy.io Raises $60 Million
- "Technology Pioneers 2016 - World Economic Forum". widgets.weforum.org. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017 List of Technology Pioneers" (PDF). World Economic Fourm. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "Designit and OwnHealth hack mHealth". Designit. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "The First Mobile Healthcare Design Hackathon in Israel — Designit TLV". Designit TLV. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- LaCiudaddelasIdeas (2014-03-24), Gifted Citizen 2013 - La Ciudad de las Ideas 2013 "Dangerous Ideas". Parte 2, retrieved 2016-03-21
- "'The innovation hubs of Tel Aviv & Ramallah': part two of WIRED's Holy Land documentary".
- "'The power of fantasy': part three of WIRED's Holy Land documentary".
- Farr, Christina (2020-06-26). "Healthy.io, Israeli maker of smartphone urinalysis tech, buys its largest U.S. rival". CNBC. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Fortune 2020 40 under 40 in Health - Yonatan Adiri". Fortune. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- "Terror in the Court: Counter-Terrorism and Judicial Power in the Israeli Case Study Professional Pieces 1 Northwestern Interdisciplinary Law Review 2008". heinonline.org. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- Peabody, Bruce (2011-01-01). The Politics of Judicial Independence: Courts, Politics, and the Public. JHU Press. ISBN 9780801897719.
- "Counter Terror Warfare: The Judicial Front". www.ict.org.il. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "5 tips for health-tech entrepreneurs". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "Gifted Citizen — Yonatan Adiri de 31 años, ganador de... | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "Jonathan Adiri | World Economic Forum". World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- "The CNBC Debate | Davos 2017 Healthcare | Part 2/3". CNBC.
- Point, click, treat, The rise of the medical selfie, The Economist
- Tech set to transform $3 trillion health care industry, CNBC
- Like Google: Grand Price of Israeli start-up, The Marker
- The next revolutionary medical instrument? Your smartphone, WIRED
- The Future of Health Care Technology, CNBC
- Healthy.io chief executive Yonatan Adiri on what makes Israel a good place for medical technology companies, Financial Times
- Israeli app uses smartphone camera to make medical diagnoses, Yahoo Finance
- Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it), Salim Ismail
- Health in An Age of Continuous Revolution, Med in Israel 2013
- Vecteurs D'Innovation ASI Genève: Now ! Vecteurs d’innovation 2013