|Born||c. 1974 (age 42–43)|
|Education||Fort Lee High School|
|Alma mater||Hofstra University|
Jonathan Cheban (born c. 1974) is a reality star and the founder of the website Foodgod.com. He is also noted for his friendship with reality star Kim Kardashian and reoccurring role on the reality television show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. His business interests include food and media, including Prepped Deliver a food delivery service.
Cheban, the only child of a real-estate agent mother and a diamond dealer father who died in 2011, attended Fort Lee High School in New Jersey and graduated Hofstra University with a communications degree in 1995.
After graduation, Cheban began working for publicist Peggy Siegal at her firm in New York. At one point, music manager Benny Medina called Siegal to work on Sean Combs' 29th birthday party. When Siegal rejected the offer despite Cheban's urging, Cheban accepted the job himself. Cheban left Siegal and formed his own PR firm with two other publicists. However, he split with his partners in 2001 and he founded his own public relations firm, CommandPR. In 2010, he took on fellow publicist Simon Huck as a partner in the firm. As of March 2013, however, it was reported that Cheban and Huck dissolved the partnership, with Huck buying out Cheban's share of the company. Cheban remains a consultant to the firm.
In the media
Cheban first gained public attention with his appearance on the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, appearing as a friend of the Kardashian sisters. He subsequently appeared in several episodes of the show's spin-offs, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami and Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons.
In 2010, Cheban starred in his own reality show, the The Spin Crowd, chronicling the lives of Cheban, Huck and their employees at his firm. Cheban's vision for the show was to provide viewers with a glimpse into how the media-saturated world around them is shaped, stating, "I've seen shows about funeral homes, bounty hunters, hospitals, cops and fishermen, and they've all been given the opportunity to give insight on their jobs and the reality of their careers. Why not tell the story of what people care most about—the magazines, websites and press they surround themselves with every day?" The series was executive produced by Kim Kardashian. It was canceled after one season due to poor ratings.
Cheban's relationship with Kim Kardashian has remained in the public spotlight. In 2012, Cheban made a short video spoofing himself as someone living in the shadow of Kardashian's fame.
In 2008, Cheban launched his own clothing line, Kritik. Cheban also has designed jewelry for RichRocks. In late 2012, Cheban opened Sushi MiKasa, a restaurant in Miami. Cheban has also branched out into electronic media, and is a partner in the web site, EliteDaily.com.
On November 24, 2013, Cheban also co-hosted "Coca-Cola Red Carpet LIVE!," a pre-show to the 2013 American Music Awards. In January 2014, Cheban launched a new product called Glam Screen, which is both a protective cover for a smart phone, as well as an HD mirror.
In 2014, Cheban launched TheDishh, an entertainment and lifestyle website that features what Cheban and his team consider to be the highest quality foods, gadgets and entertainment.
In January 2016, Cheban entered the Celebrity Big Brother house in the UK, to compete as a housemate on its seventeenth season. He walked from the programme after spending six days in the house, due to too much arguing and pressure in the house.
In late 2012, Cheban began dating stylist Anat Popovsky after meeting her while filming Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. However, Cheban signed on as a single man on the second episode of the seventh season of Millionaire Matchmaker, which aired on December 12, 2013 on Bravo.
- Lee, Esther (December 19, 2013). "Jonathan Cheban, Kim Kardashian's Friend, on Millionaire Matchmaker". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2014.
...the reality star, 39.... [M]y dad passed away two years ago.
- Hancock, Noelle (January 18, 2013). "The Art of the Schmooze". New York Observer. Archived from the original on December 2, 2011. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Spin team splits". Page Six. March 9, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Murphy, Lauren M. "Jonathan Cheban: PR King". Los Angeles Confidential. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Murphy, Lauren. "Jonathan Cheban: PR King". http://www.la-confidential-magazine.com. Los Angeles Confidential. Retrieved 8 October 2014. External link in
- "Shows A-Z - spin crowd, the on e". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban: I'm Kim Kardashian's BEST friend! from kimsbff, Jonathan Cheban, Michael Ratner, Arlen Konopaki, mhirschhorn, Sean Paulsen, anniekaempfer, alexander_black, and Scott Ratner". Funnyordie.com. July 19, 2012. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban Launches Kritik Clothing |". Fashionwashere.net. April 11, 2008. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban Teams Up With RichRocks To Launch His First Jewelry Collection!". Hollywood Life. June 13, 2011. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban to Open Sushi MiKasa at Shelborne - Fall Tracking - Eater Miami". Miami.eater.com. November 6, 2012. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- RAWDOGGTV. "American Music Awards 2013 Presenters".
- "Meet Glam Screen, the smartphone cover that doubles as a mirror". Yahoo. January 23, 2014. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Horgan, Richard. "Jonathan Cheban Builds Out The Dishh". Media Bistro. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Gianotti, Peter. "Kim Kardashian pal Jonathan Cheban opening Burger Bandit in Lynbrook". http://long-island.newsday.com. Newsday. Retrieved 8 January 2015. External link in
- "Jonathan Cheban enters Big Brother house". http://www.mirror.co.uk/. Mirror. Retrieved 5 January 2016. External link in
- "Jonathan Cheban Date Night — Reality Star Spotted Out With Girlfriend". Hollywood Life. June 18, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban and Girlfriend Anat Popovsky's European Getaway Brought Them Even Closer Together | E! Online UK". Eonline.com. September 9, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach. "Jonathan Cheban Looks for Love on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker". http://www.eonline.com. E! Online. Retrieved June 15, 2014. External link in