|Born||c. 1974 (age 42–43)|
|Education||Fort Lee High School|
|Alma mater||Hofstra University|
Cheban, the only child of a real-estate agent mother and a diamond-dealer father who died in 2011, attended Fort Lee High School in New Jersey and graduated from Hofstra University with a communications degree in 1995.
After graduation, Cheban began working for publicist Peggy Siegal at her firm in New York. At one point, music manager Benny Medina called Siegal to work on Sean Combs' 29th birthday party. When Siegal rejected the offer despite Cheban's urging, Cheban accepted the job himself. Cheban left Siegal and formed his own PR firm with two other publicists. However, he split with his partners in 2001 and founded his own public relations firm, CommandPR.
In the media
Cheban first gained public attention with his appearance on the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, appearing as a friend of the Kardashian sisters. He subsequently appeared in several episodes of the show's spin-offs, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami and Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons.
In 2010, Cheban starred in his own reality show, the The Spin Crowd, chronicling the lives of Cheban, Simon Huck and their employees at his firm. Cheban's vision for the show was to provide viewers with a glimpse into how the media-saturated world around them is shaped, stating, "I've seen shows about funeral homes, bounty hunters, hospitals, cops and fishermen, and they've all been given the opportunity to give insight on their jobs and the reality of their careers. Why not tell the story of what people care most about—the magazines, websites and press they surround themselves with every day?"The series was executive produced by Kim Kardashian. It was canceled after one season due to poor ratings.
Cheban's relationship with Kim Kardashian has remained in the public spotlight. In 2012, Cheban made a short video spoofing himself as someone living in the shadow of Kardashian's fame.
In 2008, Cheban launched his own clothing line, Kritik. Cheban also has designed jewelry for RichRocks. In late 2012, Cheban opened Sushi MiKasa, a restaurant in Miami. On November 24, 2013, Cheban also co-hosted Coca-Cola Red Carpet Live!, a pre-show to the 2013 American Music Awards. In January 2014, Cheban launched a new product called Glam Screen, which is both a protective cover for a smart phone, as well as an HD mirror.
In 2014, Cheban launched TheDishh, an entertainment and lifestyle website that features what Cheban and his team consider to be the highest quality foods, gadgets and entertainment.
In 2016, Cheban partnered with Prepped Delivery, a fresh pre-prepared meal delivery service. In 2017, Cheban appeared on the second season of UK's "Celebs Go Dating".
In late 2012, Cheban began dating stylist Anat Popovsky after meeting her while filming Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. However, Cheban signed on as a single man on the second episode of the seventh season of Millionaire Matchmaker, which aired on December 12, 2013 on Bravo.
- Lee, Esther (December 19, 2013). "Jonathan Cheban, Kim Kardashian's Friend, on Millionaire Matchmaker". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2014.
...the reality star, 39.... [M]y dad passed away two years ago.
- Hancock, Noelle (January 18, 2013). "The Art of the Schmooze". New York Observer. Archived from the original on December 2, 2011. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Murphy, Lauren M. "Jonathan Cheban: PR King". Los Angeles Confidential. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "Spin Crowd, The (E!)". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban: I'm Kim Kardashian's BEST Friend!". Funny or Die. July 19, 2012. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban Launches Kritik Clothing |". Fashionwashere.net. April 11, 2008. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban Teams Up With RichRocks To Launch His First Jewelry Collection!". Hollywood Life. June 13, 2011. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban to Open Sushi MiKasa at Shelborne - Fall Tracking - Eater Miami". Miami.eater.com. November 6, 2012. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Presenters Announced for the "2013 American Music Awards" Airing Live Sunday, November 24th At 8 PM ET/PT on ABC" (Press release). Dick Clark Productions. November 21, 2013. Archived from the original on February 22, 2017. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Meet Glam Screen, the smartphone cover that doubles as a mirror". Yahoo. January 23, 2014. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Horgan, Richard. "Jonathan Cheban Builds Out The Dishh". Media Bistro. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Marcus, ERIC (February 23, 2015). "Burger Bandit opens in Lynbrook". Newsday. New York City / Long Island. Archived from the original on February 22, 2017. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Jonathan Cheban Leaves U.K. Celebrity Big Brother, Citing Concerns for His 'Mental Stability'". People. January 11, 2016. Archived from the original on February 22, 2017. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Jonathan Cheban Date Night — Reality Star Spotted Out With Girlfriend". Hollywood Life. June 18, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- "Jonathan Cheban and Girlfriend Anat Popovsky's European Getaway Brought Them Even Closer Together". E! News UK. September 9, 2013. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach (November 18, 2013). "Jonathan Cheban Looks for Love on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker". E! Online. Retrieved June 15, 2014.