This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2020)
|Born||October 21, 1979|
Brooklyn, New York
|Occupation||Chess player, game show competitor|
|Known for||Game show appearances|
Jonathan Corbblah (born October 21, 1979) is an American game show competitor and USCF expert chess player. At one point in 2013, his regular rating came within one point (2199) of him achieving the coveted master title. His game show debut was in 1991 at age 12, when he appeared in Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego? He has appeared on 13 game show programs and NPR radio show Ask Me Another.
Corbblah co-hosted two chess entertainment programs, America's Next Chess Star and the Extreme Chess Championship with US Women's Chess Champion Jennifer Shahade. Corbblah coaches chess for national champions PS 166 and the Trinity School.
- "Game Show Guy Jonathan Corbblah". ABC News. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "USCF Ratings History Graph for 12758690". uschess.org. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- "J! Archive". Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Fanelli, James. "Harlem man Jonathan Corbblah settin' a record on TV, wins money on 'Jeopardy' and 'Cash Cab'". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Davis, Noah. "What Makes You So Smart Jonathan Corbblah?". psmag.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- , Ken Jennings Joins BEST EVER TRIVIA SHOW