Jonathan Davis (baseball)
|Toronto Blue Jays – No. 49|
|Born: May 12, 1992|
|September 5, 2018, for the Toronto Blue Jays|
|MLB statistics |
(through May 20, 2019)
|Runs batted in||0|
High school and college
Davis attended Fairview High School in Camden, Arkansas. As a senior, he recorded a .419 batting average with three home runs and 19 stolen bases. Undrafted out of high school, he then attended the University of Central Arkansas, and played baseball for the Bears for three seasons. In his freshman season, Davis batted .350 with five home runs, 30 runs batted in (RBI), and 21 stolen bases. As a sophomore, he hit .333 with 29 RBI and 17 stolen bases. In his third and final season with the Bears, Davis hit .268 with three home runs, 49 RBI, and 25 stolen bases.
Davis was selected by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 15th round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He was assigned to the Rookie Advanced Bluefield Blue Jays for the remainder of the year, and hit .238 with two home runs and 14 RBI in 43 games. Injuries limited Davis to 28 games in 2014, mostly with the Short Season-A Vancouver Canadians. He began the 2015 season with the Class-A Lansing Lugnuts, and was promoted to the Advanced-A Dunedin Blue Jays after hitting .408 in 13 games. With Dunedin, Davis appeared in 47 games and hit .230 with one home run and 14 RBI. Davis would then spend the entire 2016 campaign with Dunedin, hitting .252 and establishing career-highs in home runs (14), RBI (54), and stolen bases (33). During the offseason, Davis played in 14 games for the Indios de Mayagüez of the Puerto Rican Winter League.
Davis played the entire 2017 season with the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats, hitting .249 with 10 home runs, 45 RBI, and 20 stolen bases in 128 games. Playing in the offseason for the second consecutive season, he appeared in 21 games for the Peoria Javelinas of the Arizona Fall League (AFL), and helped the team win the AFL championship. Davis opened the 2018 season with New Hampshire. On June 26, he recorded the first cycle in Fisher Cats franchise history. Davis hit .302 with five home runs, 33 RBI, and 19 stolen bases in 78 games with New Hampshire before he was promoted to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons in July.
Davis started the 2019 season in Buffalo, but was called up on May 10. 
- "Jonathan Davis Minor, Winter & Fall Leagues Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Central Arkansas Athletics - Jonathan Davis". ucasports.com. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Jonathan Davis - The Baseball Cube". thebaseballcube.com. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Blue Jay prospects T.J. Zeuch, Andrew Case, Jonathan Davis and Lourdes Gurriel help propel Peoria to the AFL Championship". bluebirdbanter.com. November 18, 2017. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Gilberto, Gerard (June 26, 2018). "Davis records Fisher Cats' first cycle". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- Harrington, Mike (July 12, 2018). "Bisons add Double-A all-star Davis from New Hampshire". buffalonews.com. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- "Tellez joins Blue Jays in latest wave of September call-ups". Sportsnet. September 4, 2018. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Jonathan Davis 2018 Batting Game Logs". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "Blue Jays' Socrates Brito designated for assignment, Jonathan Davis recalled - Sportsnet.ca". www.sportsnet.ca. Retrieved 2019-05-11.