Jonathan Edwards (politician)
|Member of Parliament
for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Adam Price|
26 April 1976 |
Capel Hendre, Carmarthenshire
|Political party||Plaid Cymru|
David Jonathan Edwards (born 26 April 1976) is a Plaid Cymru politician in the United Kingdom. He has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency of Carmarthen East and Dinefwr in Wales since May 2010. Edwards held the seat for Plaid Cymru, replacing previous MP Adam Price who stood down.
Edwards courted controversy in 2014 with a Twitter remark criticising Wales rugby captain Sam Warburton for describing himself as British whilst representing the British and Irish Lions and again in the run up to the Scottish independence referendum 2014 with the claim unionists "loathe" their country
- "Jonathan Edwards MP". BBC Democracy Live. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- The London Gazette: . 13 May 2010.
- BBC, 7 May 2010, BBC Election 2010 Results
- "'British' Wales star Sam Warburton sparks political row". BBC News. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Williamson, David. "Plaid MP Jonathan Edwards defends his claim that unionists 'loathe' their country". Wales Online. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Jonathan Edwards MP official constituency website
- Jonathan Edwards MP Plaid Cymru profile
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Welsh constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2015 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|