|Full name||Jonathan Rafael Faña Frías|
|Date of birth||April 11, 1987|
|Place of birth||Moca, Dominican Republic|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2010–2012||Puerto Rico Islanders||95||(30)|
|2014||San Antonio Scorpions||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 December 2016
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 February 2017
Faña is the second Dominican Republic international top goalscorer with 20 goals in official matches behind Harvey Reyes.
He moved to TT Pro League power W Connection in 2006. Faña quickly established himself at the club and by 2007 was a regular starter, scoring 9 league goals during his first season as a regular starter and playing primarily as a left-sided attacking midfielder. During the 2008 TT Pro League campaign Faña led W Connection with 10 goals.
The 2009 season was Faña's most successful as he impressed at both the local league as well as in CONCACAF competitions. He led W Connection to the 2009 CFU Club Championship helping defeat Puerto Rico Islanders 2–1 in the final on May 17, 2009 and claiming a spot in the CONCACAF Champions League 2009-10. Faña scored both Connection goals in the final and ended as the competitions top scorer with six goals. During the CONCACAF Champions League Faña appeared in seven matches scoring five goals, which included a hat trick on September 24, 2009 in a 3–0 road victory over Guatemalan side CSD Comunicaciones. As a result of his play in the Champions League Faña began to receive interest from Central and North American clubs, including Guatemalan club Xelajú MC.
Faña also helped W Connection capture the inaugural Trinidad and Tobago Goal Shield scoring twice in a 3–0 victory in the June 26, 2009 final versus Defence Force. Faña also finished as the competitions top scorer with five goals. During the 2009 TT Pro League Faña scored 10 goals and including Champions League, CFU Cup, and Goal Shield matches he ended the 2009 campaign with 26 goals in all competitions.
In February 2010 Faña was sent on loan to the Puerto Rico Islanders on a one-year deal with an option to buy when the 2010 USSF D2 Pro League season was over. After the missing the first few months of the season through injury, Faña made his debut for the Islanders on June 26, 2010 as a substitute in a 3–0 loss to the Rochester Rhinos. He remained with Puerto Rico for the 2011 season and was named Player of the Year by the club's fans.
Puerto Rico re-signed Faña for the 2012 season on November 9, 2011. After the Islanders organization went on hiatus in order to restructure, Faña signed with Dominican club Bauger FC in 2012, finishing the season as one of the league's top scorers and steering the club to a third-place finish in the league. After spending a season in his homeland, Faña signed for Alianza F.C. of the Salvadoran Primera División.
Faña debuted for the Dominican Republic national football team in 2006. He has scored 16 goals in 24 appearances with the national team, and appeared in Caribbean Nations Cup qualifying matches. On March 24, 2013 Faña scored the game-winning goal in a 3–1 victory over Haiti, the Dominican Republic's first-ever victory over their neighboring country.
- As of match played 8 June 2016. Dominican Republic score listed first, score column indicates score after each Faña goal.
- W Connection
- CFU Club Championship: 2006, 2009
- First Citizens Cup: 2006, 2007, 2008
- Pro League Big Six: 2007
- Digicel Pro Bowl: 2007
- Trinidad and Tobago Goal Shield: 2009
- Puerto Rico Islanders
- Moca FC
- Liga Mayor Coca-Cola: 2014
- Bauger FC
- Liga Dominicana de Fútbol Regular Season Champions: 2015
- Cibao FC
- Copa Dominicana de Fútbol: 2015 Champions
- Atlético Pantoja
- CFU Club Championship: 2018
- Liga Mayor 2004–05 Top scorer – 16 goals
- 2009 CFU Club Championship Top scorer – 6 goals
- 2009 Trinidad and Tobago Goal Shield Top scorer – 5 goals
- 2011 CFU Club Championship Top scorer - 4 goals
- 2015 Liga Dominicana de Fútbol Top Scorer- 17 goals
- Copa Dominicana de Fútbol: 2015 Top Scorer - 15 goals
- "Jonathan Faña :: Jonathan Rafael Faña Farías :: Árabe Unido". Footballzz.co.uk.
- 2004–05 Liga Mayor leading scorer
- 2009 CFU Club Championship Archived August 13, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Corado, José (September 24, 2009). "Pesadilla crema" (in Spanish). elperiodico.com.gt. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "Interest from Xelajú MC" (in Spanish). guatefutbol.com. Archived from the original on January 3, 2010.
- Frias heading to Puerto Rico Islanders
- "Islanders Committed to the Future". Puerto Rico Islanders. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Moca y Bauger FC ganan y mantienen sus invictos". listin.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Dominican Republic 2012/13". RSSSF. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Scorpions Complete Major Double Swoop: Sign Barrera and Fana for 2014 Season". San Antonio Scorpions. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- 2007 Digicel Caribbean Cup
- "3–1 : Triunfo histórico de la selección absoluta de RD sobre Haití en la Copa Quisqueya". Balompie Dominicano. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Jonathan Faña at Soccerway