|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Southampton|
|Diocese||Diocese of Winchester|
|Other posts||Chaplain at the University of Surrey and canon residentiary of Guildford Cathedral (2002–2010)|
|Ordination||1993 (deacon); 1994 (priest)|
|Consecration||30 November 2010|
|Born||26 September 1964|
|Children||3 teenage children|
|Alma mater||University of Aberdeen|
Education and career
Frost graduated from the University of Aberdeen and the University of Nottingham before studying for ordination at Ridley Hall, Cambridge. He was ordained a deacon on 27 June 1993, by Patrick Harris, Bishop of Southwell, at Southwell Minster — directly before he began his curacy at West Bridgford — and then a priest on 2 July 1994 at St John's, Beeston, again by Harris. In 1994, alongside his curacy, he became a police chaplain until he moved on from both posts in 1997 when he became Rector of Ash until 2002. Frost also served on the General Synod during the 2005–2010 session.
His most recent posts prior to the episcopate, since 2002, were as Anglican chaplain to the University of Surrey and a canon residentiary at Guildford Cathedral. In 2007, he became co-ordinating chaplain at the university and was appointed the Bishop of Guildford's Advisor for Inter-Faith Relations. It was announced on 30 July 2010 that Frost would become Bishop of Southampton in the Diocese of Winchester, succeeding Paul Butler (following Butler's translation to Southwell). He was consecrated a bishop at St Paul's Cathedral on 30 November 2010 and was welcomed to the Diocese of Winchester as Bishop of Southampton and installed as an honorary canon on 4 December 2010 at Winchester Cathedral.
Marriage and family
Frost is married to Christine, who is a teacher. They have three teenage children.
- The Reverend Jonathan Frost (1993–2002)
- The Reverend Canon Jonathan Frost (2002–2010)
- The Right Reverend Jonathan Frost (2010–present)
- Next Bishop of Southampton announced
- Daily Echo — New Bishop for Southampton
- Frost, Jonathan Hugh. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2016 (November 2015 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Petertide ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#6803). 2 July 1993. p. 6. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 10 September 2016. (subscription required (. ))
- "Gazette: Ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#6857). 15 July 1994. p. 5. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 10 September 2016. (subscription required (. ))
- Number 10 — Suffragan See of Southampton
- Peter Owen — Members of General Synod, 2005–2010
- Next Bishop of Southampton to be consecrated today
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Southampton