This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Gleich was one of the first Segway enthusiasts in the New York area, logging more than 10,000 miles. Using his Segway to commute to work every day has landed him several moving violations, followed by subsequent appearances in court to defend them.
In 1979, using an Apple II Plus computer, Gleich co-founded an NYC BBS called Earth News. He expanded it to be the first multi-user (3 user) system running on a Corvus. In 1985, he started ENetwork using a Galacticomm system that supported 16 users simultaneously, and had over 700 active members.
Gleich won first prize in the Motorized Float division at the 2009 Coney Island Mermaid Parade appearing as Zoltar (from the film Big) on his Segway. In 2008 he won third place as a "Segway Pirate."
Gleich has been a contributing writer to the website Instructables.com (www.instructables.com). He was featured:
- On The Rachael Ray show for his "pool noodle beverage barge" instructable.
- In Engadget for his Electrlouminecent bumper sticker.
- A featured contributor for his alexa controlled toilet.
- Lombardi, Frank (2009-08-18). "Segway Driver Keeps Motoring". Daily News. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Tucker, Becca (2008-06-11). "Full Tilt Boogie". NYPress. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Lipkin, Michael (2008-07-16). "Freedom rider — on a Segway!". The Brooklyn Paper. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Gallahue, Patrick (2007-05-07). "City Gives My Scoot The Boot". NY Post. Archived from the original on 2007-09-18. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Chung, Jen (2007-05-07). "Segways Still Ride On the Wrong Side of the Law". The Gothamist. Archived from the original on 2007-05-12. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "4kkqAAAAMAAJ". A+ Magazine. Ziff-Davis. 4. 15 May 1986. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Vita, Tricia (July 6, 2009). "Q & A with Zoltar: Coney Island Mermaid Parade's Best Fortunetelling Float!". Amusing the Zillion. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- Ragan, Sean Michael (2009-09-14). "Rolling Zoltar costume based on a Segway". Make Magazine. Archived from the original on 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- Wilson, Mark (2009-09-15). "We Didn't Know Zoltar Drove a Segway!". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- "Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2008 Winners". Archived from the original on July 2, 2008. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- Correal, Annie (2008-06-22). "Rite of Summer Turns a Little Serious". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-10-09.